Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165405 times)

if having a gravity generator in a ship with artificial mass pulls you down, then can't you use those two to accelerate your ship incredibly fast?
Yeah, I saw someone do something like a tunnel that was loaded with gravity generators and someone attached artificial mass to their ship and drove through. some pretty fast acceleration.

How do you make a hole big enough to make all that? I mean you probably did it with warheads, but how many?

I just strap on a bunch of missile launchers to a small ship lol

if having a gravity generator in a ship with artificial mass pulls you down, then can't you use those two to accelerate your ship incredibly fast?
This is called a gravity drive and it's been around for quite some time in this game.

This is called a gravity drive and it's been around for quite some time in this game.

Just tried it out. This uses less power than thrusters to achieve the same acceleration. I could run a ship off a few solar panels and a few of these for fast and efficient travel.

Only problem is harder controllability.

Only problem is harder controllability.

Yup. I guess if you want to go forward very fast it's not a bad idea.

Anyone want to give me Space Engineers for a copy of Don't starve or a couple copies of sanctum 2 and some things from my inventory?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042054486/inventory/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:15:08 PM by jonnyman5656 »

Just tried it out. This uses less power than thrusters to achieve the same acceleration. I could run a ship off a few solar panels and a few of these for fast and efficient travel.
Few questions before I invest some resources in an experimental ship on my main world, did you use thrusters as the counter force to slow down or did you just reverse the generator? And did you find that you could control it at all with side thrusters even when accelerating using gravity?

Few questions before I invest some resources in an experimental ship on my main world, did you use thrusters as the counter force to slow down or did you just reverse the generator? And did you find that you could control it at all with side thrusters even when accelerating using gravity?

Yeah, you can control it with thrusters on the sides and front to steer and slow down. Here's basically how it works just incase you're wondering. I'm not sure if more artificial mass = more acceleration.

You can set the gravity generator on minimum everything except for acceleration for high efficiency.
Slowing down may be a problem so I'd recommend quite a few thrusters on the front. Problem is that you cannot have any other gravity fields within range otherwise those will effect it to, so either make your gravity generators just barely not reach the gravity drive, or don't have them enabled at all.
And for the love of god, make sure the artificial mass is off before you place down your gravity generator or else it's going to take off and hit something. I've made this mistake every single time.

The trouble of it all might not be worth the efficiency in the end.

EDIT: It appears that more artificial mass DOES = more acceleration. Also I just realized I could set the gravity generator on -1g and use up less space.

0-104 in three seconds.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:02:59 AM by Steve5451² »

I just had an EXTREMELY close encounter with a Dark Angels Imperial Cruiser, added by a cargo ship mod on the Steam Workshop. Came within about one thousand metres of my asteroid base, had at least twenty green lasers pointed at my platform solar panels and my ship as the cruiser slowly passed by. Thank God it was on a course that made it just pass by outside of its guns' ranges, any closer and it would have torn everything apart.

Gravity generators + artifical mass also makes a formidable kinetic cannon. I use it as the main gun on my main ship and it wrecks stuff pretty bad for cheap.

Im thinking ( I don't have enough money for them so far :c ) Arma 3 or Space engineers, Which one? I got a not so great computer
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 02:34:47 PM by Damp »

Im thinking ( I don't have enough money for them so far :c ) Arma 3 or Space engineers, Which one? I got a not so great computer

do you like building ships or millitary shooty shoots

I got a not so great computer
how "not so great" exactly?