Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 163368 times)

I think you can also add rotational constraints to rotors, so they don't spin beyond certain degrees of motion. With a V.T.O.L., you can limit those particular thrusters directions to straight down and straight back.

whoa i was ignoring this cuz i thought meh, yet another one.
but this is more involved and pretty then i thought :D

Yes it's an incredibly great game and is deffinitely worth a buy. New stuff every week, and modders are pumping out content just as fast, so there's always good stuff to look forward to.

I personally think this is the greatest game ever. Build full entire spaceships and fly em. Nothing better than that.

edit: btw windows seem to be broken at the moment. Something like some windows are tinted on both ends and some vice versa. i would think it's just me but seems like other people are having the same issue on the discussion steam page.

do the developers do hotfixes? if they do they don't seem to make any notice about them.

i'm still gonna stay off the game till next weeks update before my files get corrupted.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:27:30 AM by LoLBert »

Thrusters on the rotating part of the ship can be turned on I think, or might need to use the remote control system, and should propel the ship in its direction. Then just put the commands on the toolbars. I'd like to try this out myself later.
That's what I meant by not really useful. Just to fly it takes Starcraft level of agility on the keys.

I wish there was some keybinding that would allow you to sorta configure it better.

whoa i was ignoring this cuz i thought meh, yet another one.
but this is more involved and pretty then i thought :D
Yep, interesting gem among the stuff pile that is survival building games.

I'm going to try and host right now. I'm just doing creative mode and experimenting with different ship interior designs using this great interior mod that I think you guys should try out http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=297532512 , if anyone would like to join. Perhaps we can work on an entire ship design.

also these are the nicest roosterpit mods out there imo. (or only one, but I doubt it can be topped) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=304571628&searchtext=

like blockland I'd prefer to have as little mods as possible and only download the ones that help reach a certain design that I'd like that I couldn't work around with the default blocks. I don't see any good reasons to download these small edits like offset doors, and extra windows, windows for small ships, altered blcok stats, etc..

but yeah, if anyone would like to join I highly doubt I'll be doing anything else today

edit: right username is -[TO$]- Vew, just send me an invite and join whenever

Access hatch is my favourite add-on

would it be possible to make a 'vampire' ship? like one that latches on with conveyors and landing gears and suck resources out and cut the power out of the ship?

would it be possible to make a 'vampire' ship? like one that latches on with conveyors and landing gears and suck resources out and cut the power out of the ship?
Not after they introduced "hacking" and block ownership.

aemgnxff w42gv2gr update today. ready your arses.

New sensor blocks that can have something trigger, like a block or warhead or lights or engines or somethin (like button panel options), whenever something enters its area. What I'm thinking of right now is doing some sort of flashing light system in my bridge whenever parts of my ship that I can't really see that well are about to hit something and slow down. Cool stuff

Summary
The sensor block has been added; you can configure what happens when something enters or leaves from the sensor’s field - the configuration is similar to the button panel. It's also possible to set a filter, so it will trigger events only for small ships, large ships, floating objects or characters. In the future we will add an option to allow filtering based on friend/foe status. Also, flashing options have been added for lights; you can create navigation lights and runways - multiple lights can be synced. Warhead has now timer and also can be detonated remotely through the terminal.

Features
- sensor block
- flashing lights
- warhead terminal controls

Fixes
- added multiplayer lag/slowdown compensation (helps with rubber banding)
- added possibility for name change during dedicated server setup
- fixed issue when character moved objects locally by pushing (server ignored it)
- fixed connector still yellow when turned OFF
- fixed turret rectangle visibility
- fixed unlocked connectors allowing item transfer
- fixed rocket launcher not remembering option to use conveyor system
- fixed crash when locking connectors
- fixed completed solar panels do not have sun reflection
- fixed gravity generator model bug
- fixed landing gear attached to pistons could not be unlocked

*Known Issues*
- changing the field of the sensor or loading the game will activate the sensor. This will be changed in the future updates.
- you can't assign the same sensor action for both entering and exiting the sensor's field

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Nz2h1PEok

Is this even english

don't question my methods. im a highly trained professional theres no need to worry

They need to get on some rudimentary programming system, sort of like Blockland events that lets me do cool stuff with my base.

Personally, I really want asteroid fighting drones circling my base.

They need to get on some rudimentary programming system, sort of like Blockland events that lets me do cool stuff with my base.

Personally, I really want asteroid fighting drones circling my base.
p sure that was confirmed to be a major interest for the devs
There was something posted somewhere by one of them about their thoughts on how such a system would work

p sure that was confirmed to be a major interest for the devs
There was something posted somewhere by one of them about their thoughts on how such a system would work
Kinda figured, seems that's the direction they're heading, but I'd think such an integral system should be added relatively soon. :/

Edit: Holy forget, fine value adjustment on the sliders? Best update ever.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:33:10 PM by Oasis »