Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)

Author Topic: Space Engineers (Bug Fixing Period)  (Read 165673 times)

I'll see if there's something I can do about it. Wish I could have something like a manned turret on my base that I can get inside of, I am terrible at building small fighters for engaging targets.

I'll see if there's something I can do about it. Wish I could have something like a manned turret on my base that I can get inside of, I am terrible at building small fighters for engaging targets.
Don't engage stuff, turrets are op as stuff.

Every ship has a blind spot. once you figure it out you can just sneak over or just shoot the turrets

They added cameras!

also new cargo ships and high-poly model optimization with LOD's
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:10:51 AM by Badger »

Camera block update.

Summary
Camera block has been added - now you can see what is happening on different locations. Camera rotation and controlling ships through cameras will be added in the coming weeks. Additional workshop tags for mods have been introduced to make the orientation on workshop easier. It is also possible to make better production building mods. Now you can specify what blueprints are available to production building. It's possible to make production chains and production building tiers. As an example there's a new block 'Arc Furnace’, it is specialized building for iron ore refinement. It refines faster than refinery, it's more efficient and cheaper, but cannot refine anything other than iron ore. In addition to these new changes, we have redesigned the easy start 2 map, and rebalanced the cargo ships, adding new space engineers tech to them both. We have also made it possible to create a hostile identity in your world whilst in creative, this will allow people to make maps for others to play through, with the challenge of hostile ships and stations. Finally, render interpolation has been added as well that will make the game experience smoother. It is currently disabled by default since it is not completed 100%, but it can be turned on in video options.

Features
- Camera block
- Workshop tags for mods
- better production building Modding
- ‘Arc Furnace’ (refinery)
- Easy start 2 redesign
- Cargo ship redesigns
- Add enemy identity

Fixes
- improved rendering performance of solar panels
- improved rendering performance of refinery and assembler
- fixed hacked block getting shot by own turrets
- fixed connector’s issue not being able to collect all items
- fixed ship info screen labels
- fixed issue that player cannot remove blocks from roosterpit hot-bars 2, 3 and 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY60lYzt-sc
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:45:46 PM by LoLBert »

But I don't want to block Camera. :c

"Fixed hacked block getting shot by own turrets"

That must be what was happening to me!

The one feature that should be in the header that isn't is the ability to make hostile mobs.

Goddamn that's pretty awesome

nvm that's forgetin gay
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:11:48 PM by comr4de »

The one feature that should be in the header that isn't is the ability to make hostile mobs.
Goddamn that's pretty awesome
nvm that's forgetin gay
what changed? also you can surround the whole thing with [s][/s] you don't have to have separate ones for each line

I knew I forgot something

it would be nice if i had the ability to keymap different keys to rotors

either that or i just haven't figured out how to do it yet

it would be nice if i had the ability to keymap different keys to rotors

either that or i just haven't figured out how to do it yet

right now they added the ability to activate and alter other blocks on the ship through roosterpits. Just mount one and open up your block page then you can drag each rotor to a slot on your hotbar and even groups to activate them all at once.

It's not exactly a keybind but you'll still be able to do the same effect with your toolbar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPhIJQkGOU

dude isac, build a massive grinder and scrap them. get lodse components.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:55:53 PM by LoLBert »

I've been taking apart that green one in the lower right, and some part of the red ship in the back. After I got that big ship on the left, I felt like keeping it, but then I captured that large grey one in the top center. In doing so, the small fighter that is landed on the platform got heavily damaged.

I think I'm going to grind down everything but the station, rescue ship, and the mobile station.

Kinda want to build a VTOL sort of ship with rotatable thrusters, but not really useful right now.

Thrusters on the rotating part of the ship can be turned on I think, or might need to use the remote control system, and should propel the ship in its direction. Then just put the commands on the toolbars. I'd like to try this out myself later.