Author Topic: YorkTown95's CRP  (Read 40702 times)

So, is there a fixed client mod, or any other way of checking global stats? Or stats at all? Only button in the GUI that works is compass. :/

So, is there a fixed client mod, or any other way of checking global stats? Or stats at all? Only button in the GUI that works is compass. :/
Currently, the GUI is unfinished. Jasa said checking global stats will come out sometime next week.

Currently, the GUI is unfinished. Jasa said checking global stats will come out sometime next week.
Oh, ok. Did he say "next week" last week though, cause it's very early in the week.

I have a question: is the server going to run indefinitely or does it have an actual "end" date.

Apparently today at 9:20 somebody launched a DDoS attack on our server.
Quote from: NFOServers.com
Our system detected a (D)DoS against your service on IP address 74.91.114.186 at this time, described as 'a specific type of TCP SYN flood/3', and added a filter to our router to block it for about 3 weeks.

Depending on the size and characteristics of the attack, and the nature of your software, you may or may not have seen effects from the attack before it was filtered.

Most attacks are spoofed (use random fake IPs). This means that it is not possible to examine the traffic and determine the attacker. We will likely not be able to provide further information on this attack.

I have a question: is the server going to run indefinitely or does it have an actual "end" date.
They usually shut it down when the server loses it's popularity. Just keep playing everyone and we'll keep it up!

Oh, ok. Did he say "next week" last week though, cause it's very early in the week.
He said it yesterday, so I'm assuming next week.

Oh no.

dang

i was under my store lot inside of some bricks.  how the forget did knox find me then?  really?  i didn't even kill anybody there, i threw a grenade into the labor building.

It was quite simple actually. You were crouched under the floorboards in plain sight to anybody who even tried to search your lot.

Or some loving starfish can go ahead and nuke DDoS it and ruin it for YorkTown.

It was quite simple actually. You were crouched under the floorboards in plain sight to anybody who even tried to search your lot.
i wasnt in plain sight, and why would you want to search my lot?  it was a loving wall.

WELL, now i can't wait until citymod comes out and see that top this piece of work
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:12:40 PM by OrkusBorkus »

citymod
Don't you know, Orkus? Every time someone tries to improve/revive CityRP(CityMod(Vaux), CityRPG V3(Iban), and many others), the topic can and WILL die either due to lack of interest or lack of work.

If someone is willing to go out of their way to DDoS attack a Blockland server, they obviously care too much.

i wasnt in plain sight, and why would you want to search my lot?  it was a loving wall.

WELL, now i can't wait until citymod comes out and see that top this piece of work
What citymod is coming out?

Jasa, a feature I really feel you should implement is the ability to lock and unlock your car. At the moment, cars are barely useful for anything other than races, showing off, and killing people. If you take your car somewhere, anyone can steal it, blow it up, flip it over, etc. I'd love to be able to actually use a car to get around town faster, but it's so likely it'll get stolen. :(