21 (19.1%)
Meh I don't like racing
1 (0.9%)
Sounds bad
1 (0.9%)
I hate fun
7 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: SuperKart Gamemode Project Idea  (Read 16758 times)

Filipe, would you consider releasing the chassis as a template?

Filipe, would you consider releasing the chassis as a template?
oh the problems this would cause

I hope you finish the project at some point, it looks great!

Also, if you finish the gamemode will you release it or keep it private?

Then do us a favor and tell us how you do it, please

I mean saying things like "It's possible" won't make this any more possible

Oh stuff.
It's a bit late but:

-what you do is assign a variable to the player that is unique to the speedcart they are using. The checkpoints are zones that when entered will also assign a variable to the player. When a player falls off the track they enter a zone that encompasses the racetrack that checks both variables. It then proceeds to remove your speedcart (as you cant be teleported in a vehicle through events), teleports you to the checkpoint and spawns another vehicle for you.

The process would be much more simple and functional if players could be teleported in their vehicles. (I was running "setplayertransform". I have not tested any other teleport events). You wouldn't need the cart variables or have them respawn.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:01:33 PM by Mr.Noßody »

I hope you finish the project at some point, it looks great!

Also, if you finish the gamemode will you release it or keep it private?
Of course I will release it, what is the point of taking time and effort to make something like this without letting other people to enjoy it too? It's like announcing a fantastic game and before it's release date they say "heh forget you all you're not having our game"

Oh stuff.
It's a bit late but:

-what you do is assign a variable to the player that is unique to the speedcart they are using. The checkpoints are zones that when entered will also assign a variable to the player. When a player falls off the track they enter a zone that encompasses the racetrack that checks both variables. It then proceeds to remove your speedcart (as you cant be teleported in a vehicle through events), teleports you to the checkpoint and spawns another vehicle for you.

The process would be much more simple and functional if players could be teleported in their vehicles. (I was running "setplayertransform". I have not tested any other teleport events). You wouldn't need the cart variables or have them respawn.
I believe there is a setvehicletransform event somewhere, not sure
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:59:49 PM by Filipe »

Can't you just mount the player to the vehicle seat? No matter where the vehicle is?

What trying to teleport while driving a speedcart did was rotate the player on the mount point to face the teleport direction.
The vehicle did not move with it.

Ive also heard of the setvehicletransform event. I think it was broken due to a blockland update. Either that, or the vehicle events were never that reliable.

As for checkpoints, each time the player would pass one we had a system that would count up adding another checkpoint variable to the player. A player could only get to the next lap by getting all of the checkpoint variables before passing the finish line. Every lap it takes away all checkpoint variables.

Similarly to Lego Racers 2, to make sure people stick to the road as well

A lightning shaped bike would be cool.

A lightning shaped bike would be cool.
>Karts
>Bikes
Exactly the same thing
This is no mario kart son, no mario kart

can you make it so that karts dont ram eachother so much

smaller hitbox maybe?

can you make it so that karts dont ram eachother so much

smaller hitbox maybe?
That would make the situation even worse

the tracks could have laps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2m9-pqFVA
I'll need to mirror the download somewhere because rtb is gone, but you should use this for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK2m9-pqFVA
I'll need to mirror the download somewhere because rtb is gone, but you should use this for that
Well yes I was planning to use that