Slayer | New Bugfix Update

Poll

Currently not accepting donations.
Thank you for your support!

Announcements:

• Help wanted! I don't have time to work on Slayer. If you want bugfixes/features, lend a hand. Post in the thread if you're interested!
  • [2016/11/29] Slayer update released (p59). Lots of bug fixes.
  • [2016/12/23] Slayer update released (p60).
  • [2017/01/11] CTF updated! New events and more. (p60)

Author Topic: Slayer | New Bugfix Update  (Read 219514 times)

Question!

Would anybody be interested in replacing the old "favorites" buttons at the top of the main GUI with Nexus's file manager system?
There's a crappy preview for it here. Skip about halfway through the video: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=280737.0

Question!

Would anybody be interested in replacing the old "favorites" buttons at the top of the main GUI with Nexus's file manager system?
There's a crappy preview for it here. Skip about halfway through the video: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=280737.0
No

HOLY #### that thing looks nice! Yes.
Also, friendly fire doesn't penalize you for shooting at other teams with the same color with "Ally same-color teams." Is this intentional?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:04:59 PM by SuperSuit12 »

The Slayer GUI doesn't show up on my dedicated server, other admins however can open it with no problem.

Please this is really important, I can't host anything, anymore. Ending the minigame or restarting BL does nothing.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:48:37 AM by MrLoL² »

The Slayer GUI doesn't show up on my dedicated server, other admins however can open it with no problem.

-images snip-

Please this is really important, I can't host anything, anymore. Ending the minigame or restarting BL does nothing.
i actually had the same problem (i think, because i had the same thing on first image but it was loading things w/ text but second image looks similar if i recall) but that was because i downloaded it from blockland glass, not the forums (for some reason it didn't work with glass, not sure)
i downloaded it on the forums and then it worked va-la
but it was in singleplayer rather than multiplayer (never tested it on multiplayer)

then again i'm not a professional so, just throwing my two cents in case this might help you

HOLY #### that thing looks nice! Yes.
Also, friendly fire doesn't penalize you for shooting at other teams with the same color with "Ally same-color teams." Is this intentional?

Nope. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Can you please post a console log?

Regular bots, from holes, aren't part of a minigame if the owner leaves, even if that minigame belongs to the owner of the bots. How can I fix this? I need hole bots to be part of the minigame.
(Or the ability to set bot behaviors in Slayer to neutral to a certain team.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 11:25:27 AM by SuperSuit12 »

On Single Player, I get the alert of (paraphrased) "Only Admins can host Slayer Minigames.  Contact Host for Assistance."

And to answer your question, if it works, yes, but aren't there enough bugs to fix in this version anyways?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:52:55 AM by SWAT One »

Question!

Hey, my video isn't crappy :(

Just installed the most recent version and servers are saying I have 3.7.

But I also get these.

And this:

I am running on a BlockNet dedicated server.

Also, I found this file which seems to be the culprit.  It's not letting me run anything under 4.0 and keeps telling me that it's 3.92.  It says do not edit, but should I make it 4.0 to fix it?  Should I delete the file and let Slayer re-write it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:05:15 PM by SWAT One »

Did you have slayer in your add-ons as a folder?
Because when it updates, it still downloads a zip, then stuff hits the fan usually.

Did you have slayer in your add-ons as a folder?
Because when it updates, it still downloads a zip, then stuff hits the fan usually.
What, did you mean as a Gamemode_Slayer folder or a Gamemode_Slayer.zip?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly.

The thing is I went ahead and changed the version 3.92-revisiondateformat thing in the config/client/Slayer whatever path to the 4.10-revisiondateformat found in the Slayer Add-On version.txt.  They both fit the same format, and I saved a backup just in case.

(Typed from my phone so I can't  recall the exact names)

Is there any way for it to stop updating or will it perpetually break, because I honestly have no idea what's going on.

Found out what the problem was.  Tuns out it was self-induced.  Sorry for all the trouble.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:23:34 AM by SWAT One »

You either do not have the current version of Slayer installed, or you have an older version installed alongside the current version that is overriding it.

(I know you solved the problem already - this is just for anybody else who finds this problem by searching.)

It was the latter of the two.

It improved almost everything AND also fixed that annoying thing that was broken for over a year where I couldn't see the list of players to move to teams, although the drop down menu mod may have also fixed that.