Author Topic: Kalphiter's latest and stupidest rant  (Read 33419 times)

i never made any. cuz maps are crap.
thus, mine were better.

do you fart in a room, and tell the disgusted people that they have nothing to complain about because yours was better?
XD

i never made any. cuz maps are crap.
thus, mine were better.

do you fart in a room, and tell the disgusted people that they have nothing to complain about because yours was better?
XD
Good brown townogy, but you still didn't contribute anything.

Follow-Up: And don't tell me that he doesn't really have to update the game. It's a community-based game. Community-based games need constant updates. Imagine if Minecraft stopped updating sometime in alpha - and that was only one man, so there's no difference in terms of the dev team. If Notch had abandoned the game there, you bet your ass the community would be long since dead today. Most of us probably wouldn't even have heard of it. The only reason one-time release games like Mario work is because they are releasing a new game every year, which is just like an update, but you have to pay again - and frankly, I'd buy Blockland 2. Not only that, but with the Shadows + Shaders update he promised that the removal of terrain would lead to faster development. Instead, we got no significant updates since (bots and karting aren't really major updates, they're just official add-ons). I know that he's said he's in the middle of an update, but we don't actually know how big it is, nor when it's going to happen. If Badspot is tired of the game, I understand; it happens. But then you should either find someone to pass the baton to, or be honest and tell the community the game is dead. The first is the better option, but obviously there are circumstances that prevent that. Why do you think Notch passed Minecraft to Mojang?

P.S. Just because I compared Blockland to Minecraft doesn't mean my logic is invalid, for those of you about to point that out. Their development was very similar, at least until he passed it off to Mojang. They are also both community-based games. I'm not comparing the gameplay here.
if it never got on consoles it'd be dead

Good brown townogy, but you still didn't contribute anything.
Actually, Bisjac has contributed far better things than maps.

He's provided many building competitions and hosted many good servers. All of which were on the best and only bearable map. Slate.

gsf maps were the stufftiest ever lol
he deserves to suffer in hell for spreading those around
GSF maps were loving amazing wtf are you smoking.

Actually, Bisjac has contributed far better things than maps.

He's provided many building competitions and hosted many good servers. All of which were on the best and only bearable map. Slate.
Idk but not everyone is a master builder. I've been playing for years and I still can't build well, which is why I liked maps.

Maps were in many ways a crutch.  I became far better as a builder once maps were removed.

Maps were in many ways a crutch.  I became far better as a builder once maps were removed.

Badspot

• Administrator
Guys, maps have been gone for nearly 2 years.  At the time they were removed, over 80% of servers used some form of slate.  Got that?  80% of servers did not use maps at all.  Most of the remaining 20% just used bedroom because it was first on the list.  

The natural course of a game is for the userbase to grow to a peak and then decrease over time.  If you want to keep the active user count up, you have to attract new users.  And guess what?  New users aren't going to play a game that looks like it's from 2001.  They're not even going to try it.  They're going to look at the screenshots and leave.

2 years.  The maps were removed 2 years ago.  The userbase did not implode.  In fact, it didn't decrease at all.  Not even a blip.  It's pretty much held steady, fighting the natural life-cycle of a game.  

In my expert opinion, if maps had not been removed in favor of improved graphics, the game would already be dead.  

Guys, maps have been gone for nearly 2 years.  At the time they were removed, over 80% of servers used some form of slate.  Got that?  80% of servers did not use maps at all.  Most of the remaining 20% just used bedroom because it was first on the list. 

The natural course of a game is for the userbase to grow to a peak and then decrease over time.  If you want to keep the active user count up, you have to attract new users.  And guess what?  New users aren't going to play a game that looks like it's from 2001.  They're not even going to try it.  They're going to look at the screenshots and leave.

2 years.  The maps were removed 2 years ago.  The userbase did not implode.  In fact, it didn't decrease at all.  Not even a blip.  It's pretty much held steady, fighting the natural life-cycle of a game. 

In my expert opinion, if maps had not been removed in favor of improved graphics, the game would already be dead. 

No details about appearant big update that's coming up? :(

Guys, maps have been gone for nearly 2 years.  At the time they were removed, over 80% of servers used some form of slate.  Got that?  80% of servers did not use maps at all.  Most of the remaining 20% just used bedroom because it was first on the list.  

The natural course of a game is for the userbase to grow to a peak and then decrease over time.  If you want to keep the active user count up, you have to attract new users.  And guess what?  New users aren't going to play a game that looks like it's from 2001.  They're not even going to try it.  They're going to look at the screenshots and leave.

2 years.  The maps were removed 2 years ago.  The userbase did not implode.  In fact, it didn't decrease at all.  Not even a blip.  It's pretty much held steady, fighting the natural life-cycle of a game.  

The game is going to die if we don't get workshop support soon. People on steam are getting bored of the game.

I'm going to start accusing people who want maps back as wanting blockland to die now.

Xd

Badspot

• Administrator
The game is going to die if we don't get workshop support soon. People on steam are getting bored of the game.

Your mom is going to die.  La petite mort.  Then she's going to actually die because she is old and clinically obese.  

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm going to start accusing people who want maps back as wanting blockland to die now.

Xd

A page ago takato14 literally said I should destroy the game by adding maps back and fragmenting the userbase.  It's a damn death cult. 

No details about appearant big update that's coming up? :(
Come on, answer!

nice job noobs. you started crying about maps instead of focusing on a broader issue. don't see why you'd narrow your argument down to one specific thing. you opened yourself up to attack because maps are subjective. people can easily just say "i didn't like maps so it doesn't matter". then come the tards who start blaming maps for a bunch of other crap: "they got removed and my building got better! thank you jesus!!". you red herring'd the topic so hard that badspot came in to post something completely unrelated to the original post.

if you're gonna argue pro maps don't be a tard about it. "lol why cant we have TWO versions!??!?!". don't focus your argument on "i want to go to the past!!!", it makes you look like an idiot. then badspot shifts his focus on the easy to counter noobs and doesn't respond to the 500 other points made about the empty-promises and dead-development (it's easier to make yourself seem right if you only respond to the stuffty arguments).