E3 2014 Megathread (E3 is over!)

Poll

How was this year's E3?

Fantastic! So many great games were shown!
8 (33.3%)
Great but there were times it could've been better!
9 (37.5%)
Just average. Not enough good games.
5 (20.8%)
Terrible, everything was bad.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: E3 2014 Megathread (E3 is over!)  (Read 28886 times)

splatoon is next in treehouse

Can someone give me a link to Nintendo's online thing? I missed the live stream and I'm too lazy to look for it on youtube.

Can someone give me a link to Nintendo's online thing? I missed the live stream and I'm too lazy to look for it on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA

OH LORD A KIRBY CANVAS CURSE SEQUEL ACTUALLY HAPPENED

REMEMBER THIS POST

no they don't

if they do, where's my

1. mewtwo
2. pichu
3. kirby canvas curse sequel

NINTENDO LISTENS TO CUSTOMERS CONFIRMED

wtf is ness and jigglypuffs

Well Giant Robot looks neat. :D

Project Giant Robot confirmed to have robot customization

i think they just confirmed halo anniversary coming to pc, not for some time though

i think they just confirmed halo anniversary coming to pc, not for some time though
?

Oh stuff

What else could it be? LOZLBW referenced Majoras Mask by having a physical majoras mask in the game. Obvious oracle of ages remake.
Not only that, game informer had a 2 page article on majora's mask in the latest july issue.
Coincidence?

there's a next gen zelda on the wiiu, that's what i care about. lol.

tbh though all the really cool new games i saw were sony.

OH GOD NITNENDO'S EVENT IS HILARIOUS

Review/Recap:
They did so many things right, for instance, they recognized criticisms for their games in a light-hearted way. I really like the Smash Bros. clip, I'm actually okay with the Miis and the special modes look great. Not quite sure how I feel about Amiibo, it looks interesting and might add some nice new gameplay mechanics but at the same time I'm scared it will become a pay-to-win device. Yoshi's Wooly World seems pretty fun, and it doesn't look like a rehash of Kirby's Epic Yarn and focused more on exploration, which I'm glad, but I probably won't be buying it. Toad's Treasure Tracker kinda broke Nintendo's no-Mario promise, though I suppose it's probably an eShop download rather than a retail game. More jokes, etc, and then of course what everybody was waiting for: Zelda. Open-world Zelda. forget YES. OH HELL YES forget EVERY OTHER GAME GIGGITY-GOD-DAMN OPEN-WORLD ZELDA I NEED IT. Ahem, they didn't reveal too much about it, other than it being a vast (pretty) world with enemies that's in the style of Skyward Sword with a bit of Wind Waker. Next, there's Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Can't say much about that, I'm not a Pokemon fan, but it looks like a great remake in 3D. Short segment of Little Mac spilling coffee on himself, and then there's Bayonetta 2. Again, can't say much other than it looks amazing and there's a few cameos. Also, the game comes with a port of the first Bayonetta. Next, we hear about Zelda Warriors. The gameplay might seem rather bland, but it's probably fun when you're sitting with the controller. Either way, I'm susceptible to bribery via playable characters! :P Here's a surprise: Kirby: Rainbow Curse, a sequel to Canvas Course. Not sure if it's worth the $60 pricetag of most games, but it certainly looks pretty fun. Xenoblade Chronicles is another one I don't have much to say other than "looks good!" Nintendo lied about releasing another Mario game, again. This time, they're releasing a level editor for the first Super Mario Brothers. It's something you can do online for free, but here, they add an option to switch between 8-bit graphics and modern-day graphics; which certainly is significant. Looks like they added a couple stupid tricks, too. Next, they start some new IP - Splatoon. It's a very interesting 4 on 4 territory control game. You shoot a paint gun to cover the map with your own color, and you can switch between a human form and a squid form. As a squid, you can swim quickly in your own ink, but cannot shoot. Also, you have the ability to "teleport" to allies. Of course, you can still hit enemies with it to make them explode, and there are different weapons and stuff. Imagine one of those Mario Party minigames combined with Team Fortress 2. That's it for the event, but they're streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo.

TL;DR: Watch the event.

no assassin's creed comet  :panda: