E3 2014 Megathread (E3 is over!)

Poll

How was this year's E3?

Fantastic! So many great games were shown!
8 (33.3%)
Great but there were times it could've been better!
9 (37.5%)
Just average. Not enough good games.
5 (20.8%)
Terrible, everything was bad.
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: E3 2014 Megathread (E3 is over!)  (Read 29128 times)

light-hearted
You did not play Team Fortress 2.

classes
You did not watch the gameplay of Splatoon.

Explain how it's like Counterstrike.
-You're on a team
-You have a gun
That's it, you're done.
-It's a 5 vs 5
-Uses simple mechanics that encourage complex strategies
-territory control is important

Aw man nothing about animal crossing for wii u? :c

-It's a 5 vs 5
Not worth mentioning

-Uses simple mechanics that encourage complex strategies
>CS
>Simple mechanics
jej

-territory control is important
Territory control is not only not the primary objective in Counter-Strike, but its a completely different meaning of "territory control". Shooting walls won't win you the game in Counter-Strike.

You also can't respawn mid-round, you have to buy weapons, the objectives are completely different, you can't turn into a squid to hide in and go super fast through your bulletholes, you don't go slow from stepping on other peoples' bulletholes, the list goes on. It's not even remotely like Counter-Strike and I am going to be honestly shocked if your post comparing the two isn't just ironic stuffposting.

You did not play Team Fortress 2.
You did not watch the gameplay of Splatoon.
TF2 is definitely light-hearted, and did you not watch the bit about how some Splatooners have rocket launchers, some have a sniper rifle, and some have a basic gun?

not but qwepir there's 5 terrorists so

it's counter strike

obv

#dumb

it looked more like the aesthetics and location of payday 2, the guns and characters of cs go, and co-op that actually looks fun.

TF2 is definitely light-hearted, and did you not watch the bit about how some Splatooners have rocket launchers, some have a sniper rifle, and some have a basic gun?
splatooner is a third person wiiu de-blob esque 4v4 tdm game with movement mechanics

Wasn't feeling the game until the player pulled off a stealth kill by hiding in the paint.

Like stuff, man

TF2 is definitely light-hearted,
You're completely wrong. TF2 is some of the blackest humor you'll find. The Pixar-esque graphics are the closest thing to lighthearted that game ever gets.

and did you not watch the bit about how some Splatooners have rocket launchers, some have a sniper rifle, and some have a basic gun?
The rocket launcher is a "Superweapon" that you get during a round. It is not a class.

splatooner looks pretty cool, but 60 bucks for a solely multiplayer game seems a bit much

tf2 is not that light-hearted

guys its called splatoon not splatooner ;-;
and no tf2 is more quirky than light-hearted

Aw man nothing about animal crossing for wii u? :c
wow you're right, I completely forgot about this

guys its called splatoon not splatooner ;-;
and no tf2 is more quirky than light-hearted
Yeah, I used Splatooner to refer to one of the players, but then someone decided they should call the game that.

wow you're right, I completely forgot about this
When they made that nintendo minute with two animal crossing new leaf developers made me excited to see a new one

Oh wait the Treehouse E3 Live is still on, who knows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCZ734RshPA
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 04:44:35 PM by Filipe »