StarMade - On the long road to Beta!

Poll

-unused-

Sieg Kaiser
23 (63.9%)
Die Kaiser
13 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: StarMade - On the long road to Beta!  (Read 94412 times)

I'm decently impressed as well. Especially the ability to search nav entities and save coordinates.

It seems like i always return during new eras or end times

planr quit for reasons and made a new faction with the same name to piss everyone off
well i know you and i already talked about this so im gonna explain it on here so everyone else knows what went down

ok well see i quit cause you and the others pretty much asked me to take a hiatus, iirc. everyone was yelling at me for "screwing up the station" even though what i was doing would in the long run be a good thing. i had better plans for its design. i made careful attention not to disturb any vital functions of the station, such as the factories, storage chests, undeathinators, faction block or build blocks.

but unfortunately during one of my deletion periods, i accidentally destroyed the shop module that had some 216 million credits in it (or so people say; i checked it myself when i got on before i did anything that day, and it had no credits in it).

so; in combination with the enormous pressures of school and dissapointment with how our faction was performing, plus that incident, i decided to quit the faction temporarily.
(fyi, my "edits" to the base had next to no impact on our faction welfare, other than the supposed loss of those 216 mil creds; i also contributed much more, such as our organized chest-sorting system),

and since i knew that i wouldnt be doing anything for the next couple of weeks on starmade, i made a faction with a nearly identical name to our own, as a harmless joke to the rest of the server to make them think we were at war with ourselves. i dont think it really pissed anyone off. maybe it confused a few people. but it definitely did no harm to the faction infrastructure.

so yeah thats what the deal was about.

luckily that incident is over now and i might be able to get on sometime in the future, but atm i still have tons of schoolwork and crap to tackle :(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:48:15 PM by Planr »

um

okay I guess

i just want

everyone to love each other
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:04:23 PM by Frequency »

well i know you and i already talked about this so im gonna explain it on here so everyone else knows what went down

ok well see i quit cause you and the others pretty much asked me to take a hiatus, iirc. everyone was yelling at me for "screwing up the station" even though what i was doing would in the long run be a good thing. i had better plans for its design. i made careful attention not to disturb any vital functions of the station, such as the factories, storage chests, undeathinators, faction block or build blocks.

but unfortunately during one of my deletion periods, i accidentally destroyed the shop module that had some 216 million credits in it (or so people say; i checked it myself when i got on before i did anything that day, and it had no credits in it).

so; in combination with the enormous pressures of school and dissapointment with how our faction was performing, plus that incident, i decided to quit the faction temporarily.
(fyi, my "edits" to the base had next to no impact on our faction welfare, other than the supposed loss of those 216 mil creds; i also contributed much more, such as our organized chest-sorting system),

and since i knew that i wouldnt be doing anything for the next couple of weeks on starmade, i made a faction with a nearly identical name to our own, as a harmless joke to the rest of the server to make them think we were at war with ourselves. i dont think it really pissed anyone off. maybe it confused a few people. but it definitely did no harm to the faction infrastructure.

so yeah thats what the deal was about.

luckily that incident is over now and i might be able to get on sometime in the future, but atm i still have tons of schoolwork and crap to tackle :(
The fact that you /still/ don't get the main reason why we were mad baffles me.

It's unbelievably selfish. Everyone else liked the station, you were the only one who didnt. Because of that it justifies restructuring the entire thing?

Also new GUI
http://star-made.org/news/starmade-v0-188-a-completely-new-gui

this GUI is making me harddd

The server listed in the OP has been shut down. I will replace it with recommended servers as they come up, namely ElwynEternity.

I keep on getting this error, "GL:Invalid_GL_Operation" whenever I try to play with the new update. I have tried different worlds, and the same thing happens. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. If some1 could please help, I would be greatly appreciative.

I recommend consulting the official SM forums for that one.

The fact that you /still/ don't get the main reason why we were mad baffles me.

It's unbelievably selfish. Everyone else liked the station, you were the only one who didnt. Because of that it justifies restructuring the entire thing?
Think about it from my perspective: I have contributed so much for our faction, and yet all I get is complaints. My intention here is not one of arrogance or selfishness. Regardless, I have made vital contributions to our faction over these past two years:
  • Established and maintained our highly efficient auto-sort storage system on multiple bases
  • Designed efficient and economical miners for us when we needed to extract large amounts of resources
  • Upgraded, overhauled and refitted many of your own ship designs to make them better and stronger for our fleet
  • Constructed stations, outposts and warpgates for us to strengthen our reach and power
  • Designed and constructed our planetary/station defense systems to keep enemy attacks at bay
  • Built for us some of the best warships any Starmade player could ever hope to use
  • Managed and supervised the faction for the many times when you're not there to keep an eye on things; I was probably way more active in the faction many times than you were.
  • Posted updates and reinforced the faction in threads and topics on both the Blockland and Starmade forums

As for the condition of our base, I ask this one rhetorical question: Is it better to live in someone else's messy apartment or in a palace that is under construction?

My actions were purely based on selflessness as I knew it would be for the benefit of the faction once done. Sadly I never got the chance to see that through due to school getting in the way. I get that my edits pissed a lot of people off, but then again many of them didn't understand why I was doing what I was doing, and assumed I was just being handicapped and remaking the base for my own selfish purposes. That is not the case at all. I wanted to give us the best station refit we could have. That default station had so much wasted resources and unusable space in it that I wanted to rip my eyeballs out sometimes.
So, my only apology is for taking on more than I could chew. Oh, and for accidentally destroying that shop module.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:33:27 PM by Planr »

Planr, like dude, the server doesn't exist anymore

let it go