Author Topic: What would you do if you were capable of developing the game?  (Read 7167 times)

Make more things default, things like the duplorcator and the fillcan.
Either make my own version that works best with Blockland or just coping it.
Also remove a lot of restrictions, like the brick limit, vehicle limit, lights limit, renaming players, opening restricted functions, ...

As long as they need to pay in order to play the game they can do what they want.
If they want to forget up their game by installing useless high demanding addons that may break then so be it.

Last thing would be making a decent terrain generator that uses ModTerrain and uses as minimal bricks as possible.
This would mean floating bricks that connect flawlessly while using the biggest bricks possible.
Maybe even make it so when you delete a terrain brick, it would create bricks arround so you never see a hole. Like in that mining gamemode.

I love how people are so entitled in this topic like Badspot owes you something.

Sure it's nice to get updates now and then but you were never promised updates when you bought the game. You were promised a lifetime membership to play the game. You are lucky enough he gives two stuffs to administrate the forums/game and also pay for the forums and master server to run.

To all the people acting like Badspot owes you something, do me a favor and shut up.

Start trying to program new updates into the game, realize how hard it is, and then accordingly give up.

I love how people are so entitled in this topic like Badspot owes you something.

Sure it's nice to get updates now and then but you were never promised updates when you bought the game. You were promised a lifetime membership to play the game. You are lucky enough he gives two stuffs to administrate the forums/game and also pay for the forums and master server to run.

To all the people acting like Badspot owes you something, do me a favor and shut up.
Its true, just people would like if he interacted with the community. he doesn't HAVE to.

since you ask... i'll capture all the princesses and wait until one marries me, and then i'll update blockland for the brown town poached users

Update to Torque 3D, make some good add-ons default, get a full team to help with game devolopment, and add big features every few months or so.

Update to Torque 3D
Reality check:  I worked for garage games for a year.  Kompressor was the Torque technologies director for like 5 years.  We both think "upgrading" to Torque3D is a bad idea. 

I'd really like some more details about why it is a bad idea.

can't you think for yourself? i have already listed many obvious reasons in my head

i have already listed many obvious reasons in my head
Then post them?

i can only guess based on my own experiences, mostly with the CryEngine and going back and forth with Source versions, but the biggest problems can be simple changes in the names of functions, sometimes a change regarding the details of some syntax, or even the total removal of some necessary feature
considering that it's GG we're talking about here too, there's also a fair chance that it might have been a total step backwards in some ways, be it just not running as well or having a more complicated workflow as a result of, say, needing to convert a bunch of current stuff into the "new and improved" formats

Since development is so slow anyways, I'd spend 18 months converting everything over to Unity.

Then make magic happen(:

Since development is so slow anyways, I'd spend 18 months converting everything over to Unity.

Then make magic happen(:
And you'd use unity why?

badspot only makes ~4$ from each blockland purchase

Where do you guys pull this data from exactly?

I swear every time I see this posted the amount that he makes goes lower.

use that fact in pickup lines at bars

Female: "Tell me an interesting fact about yourself?"

Badspot: "Well, multiple people have written erotic fan fiction about me."