Application Administrator [Released!]

Poll

RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?

Yes, Good idea!
7 (50%)
No, I like classic RTB Server Control
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Application Administrator [Released!]  (Read 15543 times)

Me and [GSF] Ghost need some place to share our code so we know what's what. I'll make a github for it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:35:42 AM by jes00 »

Me and [GSF] Ghost need some place to share our code so we know what's what. I'll make a github for it.
okay, gave me the link then I will give to him. (PM to me)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:46:20 AM by Furling² »

EDIT: If [GSF]Ghost is working on this, why hasn't he posted here at all?
Sorry, I haven't been on the forums too much lately; I'm managing another project as well.

On second thought. We should just do away with that GUI. It can be done just as easily with messageBoxOk. The window size will just be a bit bigger.
I think that's a great idea to use messageBoxOk instead.

I think add new feature on gui, re-apply limits and blacklist.
I was thinking we could have a way to prevent resubmitting applications for a certain amount of time. Maybe jes00 can script that part; right now I'm working on the scripts for submitting the application to the host, and storing it on their computer.

Instead of allowing people to edit their application a certain number of times, why not just make a popup when they submit their application that says...

Instead of allowing people to edit their application a certain number of times, why not just make a popup when they submit their application that says...

I like this idea. How are you going to accomplish this? (obv TCP), but are you going to use a website or will users have to submit it to the server they are on, etc ?

I like this idea. How are you going to accomplish this? (obv TCP), but are you going to use a website or will users have to submit it to the server they are on, etc ?
Users will submit the application to the server they're on. If it used a website then it'd just be a custom mod for that one person. Or we'd have to include a complicated guide to set it up for your website or something.

2 good tips. Make accept and denied reasons that the host can explain the rejection.
Also this woud be nice with admin rules popup.

2 good tips. Make accept and denied reasons that the host can explain the rejection.
Also this woud be nice with admin rules popup.
I already planned on adding denied reasons. There's no reason to add accepted reasons except to bloat peoples egos.

This is what I'm thinking for the updated Review GUI (let me know what y'all think):

Made some more changes / updates after testing with Furling:
-Opens either the Forms or Review GUI, depending on if a client is host or not.
-The Review GUI now automatically updates when choosing the category tabs, so you can easily find new, pending applications.
-Applications can now be reviewed by simply clicking on a player's Blockland ID / Name in the App list on the left.
-Automatically resets GUI methods upon disconnecting from a server, to make sure the appropriate (host/non-host) GUI is opened each time.

Still need to work on:
-Choosing a response to applications once reviewed
-Fix the issue with messageBoxOk (still not sure what's causing it)
-Work on adding a spam filter for server commands (?)
-Reapply limits and blacklisting

-yey snips-
I like this, but I think "SuperAdmins" should be "Super Admins".

I love that nice design gui look great good! You forget add Option button.

Great. And no problem, I'll change it.

I love that nice design gui look great good! You forget add Option button.
Awesome. :) The only option we'll have is to set reapply limits though, right? If so, I can add a dropdown menu option for that on the bottom-left portion of the GUI. Would that be alright? I'll probably add some more options there anyway for sorting the application list chronologically and numerically. Also, instead of setting limits for editing an application, I think it would be best to just ask a player if they are sure they want to submit the application before sending, as someone suggested.

I'll work on finalizing the review GUI today, as well updating the forms GUI. The issues with saving applications and with messageBoxOk have been fixed as well. I also changed Event_Application_Admin back to Server_Application_Admin, as you mentioned in your server. I'll send you and jes00 the updated files soon.

The only option we'll have is to set reapply limits though, right? If so, I can add a dropdown menu option for that on the bottom-left portion of the GUI. Would that be alright? I'll probably add some more options there anyway for sorting the application list chronologically and numerically.
I thought we were going to allow the host to specify their own admin requirements. I've already made the client sided function for receiving the requirements(just has one bug I have to fix).
Also, instead of setting limits for editing an application, I think it would be best to just ask a player if they are sure they want to submit the application before sending, as someone suggested.
Yep. As I said here:

I'll work on finalizing the review GUI today, as well updating the forms GUI. The issues with saving applications and with messageBoxOk have been fixed as well. I also changed Event_Application_Admin back to Server_Application_Admin, as you mentioned in your server. I'll send you and jes00 the updated files soon.
I have tweaked the form GUI a bit. Also, it should be Script_, as both Event_ and Server_ imply that it is only a server sided add-on.

Aslo, I'll be gone for the weekend(leaving around 3:00ish) and I won't be back till Monday.

Yes, that's what I mean. The host will be able to specify that on their GUI via a dropdown (popup) menu. And yeah, I didn't remember who suggested confirming an application before sending, but thought that was a really good idea. I'll probably use a custom message box instead of messageBoxOkCancel, since a client script has to run before sending the information to the server via server command.

Okay, I'll change it to "Script_" instead; can you post the tweaked GUI to github if you have time? I want to make sure we keep the GUIs in sync.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 11:54:48 AM by [GSF]Ghost »