Application Administrator [Released!]

Poll

RTB Server Control should replace to new Review GUI?

Yes, Good idea!
7 (50%)
No, I like classic RTB Server Control
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Application Administrator [Released!]  (Read 15630 times)

Well, I have it set up so that when an application is sent, it saves to the host's client config folder. That way they can still receive it on a dedicated server when they aren't there, and it can check if an application was already submitted. When the host wants to review an application in the review GUI, it grabs the information from the app file in the client folder. I don't think the client and server config folders affect client/server communication. I could be wrong on that, but I think they're only for reference, and the client/server stuff is handled only by the commandToClient and commandToServer functions. Y'all can set it up however though.

I consider add the dates, When player filled out the forms sent to Host. in few day later, Host return to server and host will check out the review, Host want know when it was submited.

I like explain about blacklist, Host not want that person apply the forms. so blacklist will block that player unable to fill out the forms.

I have other idea about toggle window gui. what toggle window is? use the keybind make snap gui on RTB Server Control (Admin Tab) and un-snap the window gui without RTB Server Control (Admin Tab). -never mind.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 11:48:32 AM by Furling² »

I consider add the calendar, When player filled out the forms sent to Host. in few day later, Host return to server and host will check out the review, Host want know when it was submited.
Instead of a calendar, why not just put dates?
I like explain about blacklist, Host not want that person apply the forms. so blacklist will block that player unable to fill out the forms.
Self explanatory, but ok.
I have other idea about toggle window gui. what toggle window is? use the keybind make snap gui on RTB Server Control (Admin Tab) and un-snap the window gui without RTB Server Control (Admin Tab).
I don't understand what you're saying. The poll says No.

EDIT: For the review GUI. I see no reason to keep old applications and store them in categories. The should also be an options tab.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:24:16 PM by jes00 »

Bump. Back from my trip, any progress while I was gone?

Bump. Back from my trip, any progress while I was gone?
I've mostly just been tweaking things right now. I perfected the sizes of the scroll controls and text edit controls in the forms GUI(if you typed more then a line, the text would be offset). serverCmdAdminApp_InitializeForm was entirely useless unless someone borked up the system on purpose. So I removed it.

I don't see any purpose in letting the host look at applications while he isn't on the server, as he won't be able to review them.

I also won't be using the github, as it's entirely useless if you don't use it.

I'm also in need of direction of where we're going with this. Should we store old applications and allow the host to re-review them? Why? I say just delete old applications.

I would love to have made the text boxes go blank when you click them, but there's no callback for it at all. Badspot could probably easily add one if he was nice and if he was actually active in developing the game.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:21:50 AM by jes00 »

Great, glad to hear. Perhaps we don't have to store old applications if a player is set to admin / super admin. Only if the application is pending or denied, in order to preventing reapplying for the amount of time set by the host. However, it might be a good idea to store apps even if a player is set to admin / super admin, encase the host wants to un-admin or un-super admin someone without using the RTB Server Control? Just an idea. I was also thinking a blacklist feature isn't really necessary, as the host can just ban someone who is abusing the add-on.

However, it might be a good idea to store apps even if a player is set to admin / super admin, encase the host wants to un-admin or un-super admin someone without using the RTB Server Control?
Why? What's wrong with using RTB to do it?
I was also thinking a blacklist feature isn't really necessary, as the host can just ban someone who is abusing the add-on.
Perhaps we should still have it though. Maybe someone just makes a not so impressive application and the host knows that they'll never be a good admin, but they don't want to ban them either.

Why? What's wrong with using RTB to do it?
Nothing's wrong with using RTB, but what if the host prefers not to use it for managing positions? It would be easier to set it up to be used with the RTB Server Control instead, but maybe we should have it require RTB, or at least recommend using it in addition to this add-on.

Perhaps we should still have it though. Maybe someone just makes a not so impressive application and the host knows that they'll never be a good admin, but they don't want to ban them either.
Okay, it was just an idea to try to reduce unnecessary scripting. If someone does make an unimpressive application, it might be best to just deny that app, and have them reapply after a certain amount of time. Maybe their application would be better in the future, just my opinion.

Nothing's wrong with using RTB, but what if the host prefers not to use it for managing positions? It would be easier to set it up to be used with the RTB Server Control instead, but maybe we should have it require RTB, or at least recommend using it in addition to this add-on.
I think we should just do the latter.
Okay, it was just an idea to try to reduce unnecessary scripting. If someone does make an unimpressive application, it might be best to just deny that app, and have them reapply after a certain amount of time. Maybe their application would be better in the future, just my opinion.
That part is pretty much done being scripted anyways. And as it's a matter of opinion, we should still give them the option.

I've just finished rewriting the review server command. Which, I must say that you over complicated.
The mod is very near the beta stage. I'll send you the updated files later today.

That excellent great news! We will look forward beta test this mod.

That excellent great news! We will look forward beta test this mod.
Yup! Shouldn't be much longer.

I think we should just do the latter.That part is pretty much done being scripted anyways. And as it's a matter of opinion, we should still give them the option.

I've just finished rewriting the review server command.
Okay, so we're going to have the review GUI only admin, super admin, deny and blacklist based on applications, and then recommend using RTB to manage the rest, is that correct?

Okay, so we're going to have the review GUI only admin, super admin, deny and blacklist based on applications, and then recommend using RTB to manage the rest, is that correct?
Yes. We'll need an options tab or window too.

Yes. We'll need an options tab or window too.
That why I need that toggle keybind. [GSF]Ghost agree with me next version 2 or 3. If they are very popular or not.

Pretty soon, we will start beta test. [GSF]Ghost will PM to Beta Tester will join to his server. I hope this MOD admin apply will be release. I let [GSF]Ghost will make the thread add-ons.