Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 6039 times)

Well I mean it's an extension for the iPhone, not a dedicated device, so no stuff sherlock.

Only works with iPhone 5 and up.
Aww.

Everyone in this thread is making blind assumptions and are extremely biased to the point where they don't answer counterpoints.

I hate the anti-apple circlejerk

I hate the anti-apple circlejerk
Apple's Mac OS is the training bra of OSs, and their mobile devices are very minute derivatives of each other that give you absolutely no level or real customisation outside of your apps and wallpapers. Their computers are locked to certain hardware unless you go custom, but most people won't do that, because Apple knows its target audience are the technologically-impaired.

This actually reminds me of the Google Glass, except the complete opposite.

People liked it a lot at first and now it's just really obscure and overall disliked from what I can tell.

ew

I'm not buying a smartwatch that's not round

Except the iPad has a full blown word processor, little know as Pages. Also Keynote, Numbers.

Why are people assuming its literally JUST a watch? That all it does is tell time? Did you just read the title and make blind assumptions?
It's a got a tiny touch screen with apps, it does pretty much what any other smart phone can do. If you want to use it as a phone you will look like an idiot while talking into your wrist.

Apple's Mac OS is the training bra of OSs, and their mobile devices are very minute derivatives of each other that give you absolutely no level or real customisation outside of your apps and wallpapers. Their computers are locked to certain hardware unless you go custom, but most people won't do that, because Apple knows its target audience are the technologically-impaired.
You still don't understand that these devices are not marketed towards people who want customization
I have said this so many times already and you completely ignore the fact that you want to do something with these phones when they are designed to be as SIMPLE as possible.
If you don't like this why are you even arguing, so what you're not in their target demographic?

You are literally complaining that a device that is precise-fully made for stupid people can't be customized beyond a wallpaper.

It's like taking a toy hammer and wondering why you can't nail real nails with it
It's a got a tiny touch screen with apps, it does pretty much what any other smart phone can do. If you want to use it as a phone you will look like an idiot while talking into your wrist.
Every other single watch has had a tiny screen for loving decades and no one has complained until now that we put a computer in it's place.

Idk, I disagree. Right now I'm sitting in my apartment with my MacBook Pro plugged into an Apple Thunderbolt display. If I drive to my parents house and turn on my desktop there, it'll boot into Arch Linux by default but with options for Windows and even my own homemade operating system.

I like Mac OSX because of how powerful and convenient it is. It easily integrates my life. If I'm in class on my laptop and the professor says there's going to be a test in a week, I can add a quick entry into my Calendar app with a reminder to study the day before. Then I go home and plug my laptop into a monitor with 1 cord, suddenly everything on my desk jumps to life as it's connected to my laptop. No need to plug a bunch of USB devices in every time I get home, they just plug into the monitor and then the thunderbolt cord can support all of their data at once through one port on my laptop. Then I'm out getting coffee somewhere a few days later, and my phone buzzes in my pocket. There's that reminder I put into my computer to study for the test -- only it's been seamlessly linked to my phone. I start up a text conversation with a friend asking him if he wants to have a study session, and when I get home I can resume that conversation through the iMessage app on my laptop seamlessly -- all our previous messages are already recorded there.

Mac OSX is also a fully POSIX compliant Unix operating system. This means that from my (a programmer's) perspective, programming is straightforward and things perform reliably, unlike Windows where nothing makes sense and it's a roll of dice whether your code will work -- sometimes it'll even work for no reason at all. I don't play many games, but most major games (and all the ones I play anyway) support Mac OSX, so there's no need for me to use Windows for gaming.

Basically, there's no reason why a technologically advanced person such as myself can't enjoy the seamlessness of Apple's design. I can't think of any other companies that have so well integrated their products that it feels like wherever you are, all your important things are with you.

Idk, I disagree. Right now I'm sitting in my apartment with my MacBook Pro plugged into an Apple Thunderbolt display. If I drive to my parents house and turn on my desktop there, it'll boot into Arch Linux by default but with options for Windows and even my own homemade operating system.

I like Mac OSX because of how powerful and convenient it is. It easily integrates my life. If I'm in class on my laptop and the professor says there's going to be a test in a week, I can add a quick entry into my Calendar app with a reminder to study the day before. Then I go home and plug my laptop into a monitor with 1 cord, suddenly everything on my desk jumps to life as it's connected to my laptop. No need to plug a bunch of USB devices in every time I get home, they just plug into the monitor and then the thunderbolt cord can support all of their data at once through one port on my laptop. Then I'm out getting coffee somewhere a few days later, and my phone buzzes in my pocket. There's that reminder I put into my computer to study for the test -- only it's been seamlessly linked to my phone. I start up a text conversation with a friend asking him if he wants to have a study session, and when I get home I can resume that conversation through the iMessage app on my laptop seamlessly -- all our previous messages are already recorded there.

Mac OSX is also a fully POSIX compliant Unix operating system. This means that from my (a programmer's) perspective, programming is straightforward and things perform reliably, unlike Windows where nothing makes sense and it's a roll of dice whether your code will work -- sometimes it'll even work for no reason at all. I don't play many games, but most major games (and all the ones I play anyway) support Mac OSX, so there's no need for me to use Windows for gaming.

Basically, there's no reason why a technologically advanced person such as myself can't enjoy the seamlessness of Apple's design. I can't think of any other companies that have so well integrated their products that it feels like wherever you are, all your important things are with you.

Finally someone has said it! Apple is home to the most brilliant software and innovations

Every other single watch has had a tiny screen for loving decades and no one has complained until now that we put a computer in it's place.
You mean those obscure expensive special snow flake devices that are as gimmicky this thing? Hell, windows can make one and I would still it. It's just a toy with limited capability.

Finally someone has said it! Apple is home to the most brilliant software and innovations

I despise OSX, but I love iOS.

inb4 "what the forget is C and why do I care? I just want a tiny touchscreen made of solid gold"

And I think we can all agree that Macs are overpriced.

inb4 "what the forget is C and why do I care? I just want a tiny touchscreen made of solid gold"
looks like you're wasting a post because no one is going to say this ever.

i personally dislike apple products but the apple watch looks pretty cool. i actually kind of like the streamlined design and the little scroll wheel on the side (but it's right handed oriented so uh) and i really love the little drawing/tapping/heartbeat concept they put into it. i feel like that little feature could go a long way with couples in long distance relationships and the heartbeat especially is really cute.