iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster

Author Topic: iPhone 6/iOS 8 Launch is basically a disaster  (Read 18820 times)

I was thinking about getting an iPod touch 6 whenever it comes out

After this, NEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOPE.

I was thinking about getting an iPod touch 6 whenever it comes out

After this, NEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOPE.
but what if they fix the issue in that? According to MKBHD,  it bends because it doesn't have a magnesium chassis.

probably the best build quality of any laptop out there
Pls. I mean, they're good as far as $600-$800 laptops go, but not even the cheapest one they sell is within that.

but what if they fix the issue in that? According to MKBHD,  it bends because it doesn't have a magnesium chassis.
they had the chance to fix it with the iphone 5. they didnt.

They're not going to fix it unless they have to. As they stand now, people are still buying iPhones. Apple is still making a stuff ton of money. They are not going to fix it unless it significantly affects their sales.

they had the chance to fix it with the iphone 5. they didnt.
RIP appl 1976-2014
Heard this on the radio today.

The couldn't have used a slightly more durable alloy than aluminum?
According to MKBHD,  it bends because it doesn't have a magnesium chassis.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:45:54 PM by BlockoCrafter »

Heard this on the radio today.

The couldn't have used a slightly more durable alloy than aluminum?

Apple computers have probably the best build quality
ASUS is pretty hot too, and in my experience it's better built as I was able to spill an entire bottle of Powerade on mine without the slightest hint of damage while a small amount of ice tea from my little brother put my dad's Macintosh work laptop out of commission. (damage: 1200$)

My phone's made of Aluminum too, but it's probably better built as it wasn't publicly flayed for being as bendable as a pipe cleaner.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 06:01:47 PM by Aoki³ »

And that's what I mean by overpriced. They charge way too much for hardware you can get for much cheaper, and then they put a special operating system on it to make it seem like it's worth that much.
yeah but heres the thing, not everyone in this world is a cheap skate. theres people with a lot of money laying around that will buy the laptop because they dont care about saving money. people who are cheap skates see a bigger value in cheaper things. and thats good but not everyone is financially unstable

so can this overpriced argument die off already? its not good enough to bring to the table anymore because i can argue with why do you care if its overpriced. if its because youre trying to help people save money then tough luck because given they can afford that laptop, chances are they dont need any financial advice to begin with

ASUS is pretty hot too, and in my experience it's better built as I was able to spill an entire bottle of Powerade on mine without the slightest hint of damage while a small amount of ice tea from my little brother put my dad's Macintosh work laptop out of commission. (damage: 1200$)
I can attest to this. My $3000 ASUS N56V has sustained nearly every loving way you could kill a laptop and it's only now showing signs of damage due to improper maintenance and care on my part.

Anyways, I learnt the rule that tech companies will usually sell their products at about 60 - 75% more than the actual production cost. That $600 iPhone is probably only worth about $200 or less.

And that's what I mean by overpriced. They charge way too much for hardware you can get for much cheaper, and then they put a special operating system on it to make it seem like it's worth that much.
You can call it overpriced in your opinion, but life doesn't care about that. It would be overpriced if nobody were buying it because of the cost. However, they sell like hotcakes, because people are willing to accept that something which takes more money to make and that has a physically superior build is going to cost more than your average laptop. People who attack Apple computers almost always overlook the fact that the specs and features aren't the only thing to consider when comparing costs. Compare the price of a steel computer case to an aluminum one. There can be hundred dollar or more price differences, even in relatively cheap cases. My friend has a Toughbook, a $1500 laptop, with only as much power as a netbook and a tiny screen. Yet it cost that much because it can take being run over by a tank and take 2-3 bullets. It ain't even a Mac.

I get your point - Macs are expensive, sure. But they're not (at least as far as economics and business is concerned) overpriced.

I can attest to this. My $3000 ASUS N56V has sustained nearly every loving way you could kill a laptop and it's only now showing signs of damage due to improper maintenance and care on my part.
(except maybe some really expensive super high end laptops)
This isn't in attempt at being a jerk, it's only proof to that quote.

they are selling a brand not a product