Poll

No poll at the moment.

Author Topic: Teneksi's Showroom  (Read 99899 times)

Do you mean the same animation, except the lower hand doesn't try to come back up and grab the wheel again?

If that isn't what you mean, I'm afraid it is somewhere between difficult and impossible to specify turning "too much" as it all must be part of the same steering animation, and unless you're driving really, really carefully you'll be hitting maximum steering a lot.
Yeah, and then once the vehicle starts to stop turning, the other hand comes up.

Sounds like an interesting albeit a difficult idea, how would Teneski map the buttons to make the hydraulics function? how would he avoid possible abuse/glitches with the physics? I'm not saying it would be impossible, but it would be quite hard to accomplish

It's actually quite easy. The emergency vehicles already demonstrate using brick shift controls to do lots of different things on a vehicle without requiring a client mod, and the freestyle buggy demonstrates switching out a vehicle's springs to make it bounce based on vehicle physics, not by adding velocity. Any physics that might be abused here would already be a problem with vehicles in general.

Lowriders with hydraulics are very possible, and in fact that's one of the things I'm planning on working on after the fire truck (which is the poll's clear winner).

Besides, what would players exploit, if there was a glitch? Lowriders are for cruising and being showy, not racing and doing challenges. If anything, springing into orbit would be very impressive.

POLL RESULTS

Crown vic        7 (including myself)
E-series           6
Fire truck          16
Experiments      6

The fire truck is the clear winner, but that doesn't mean I'll be working on it exclusively, so let me know what the second highest priority vehicle should be.

I have removed "research and development" from the poll because that's extremely vague, I'll try them anyway, and I prefer more specific answers.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:07:22 AM by Teneksi »

That blue asterisk with the white corkscrew.

Gives me nightmares. It also makes the doctor in a van with that logo seem cruel. Welp.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 08:50:24 PM by Darth C3P0 »

Can someone help me? I downloaded this add-onn and i checked it in the add-onns list before i create the server. When the server loaded, I checked the vehicle spawner, but the ambulance didn't show up. I've redownloaded it many times but it still won't work, please help?

Can someone help me? I downloaded this add-onn and i checked it in the add-onns list before i create the server. When the server loaded, I checked the vehicle spawner, but the ambulance didn't show up. I've redownloaded it many times but it still won't work, please help?
Did you click on the vehicle's name in the Start Game screen?

It's actually quite easy. The emergency vehicles already demonstrate using brick shift controls to do lots of different things on a vehicle without requiring a client mod, and the freestyle buggy demonstrates switching out a vehicle's springs to make it bounce based on vehicle physics, not by adding velocity. Any physics that might be abused here would already be a problem with vehicles in general.

Lowriders with hydraulics are very possible, and in fact that's one of the things I'm planning on working on after the fire truck (which is the poll's clear winner).

Besides, what would players exploit, if there was a glitch? Lowriders are for cruising and being showy, not racing and doing challenges. If anything, springing into orbit would be very impressive.

You seem to know what you're doing, and could you possibly add a version of a lowrider with absurdly powered hydraulics for the spring to orbit ordeal?
And also, here are some ideas for lowrider livery

When I enter the ambulance, it turns completely white and the textures vanish. Is there a way to fix this?

When I enter the ambulance, it turns completely white and the textures vanish. Is there a way to fix this?
Rejoin server or respawn ambulance. I had to do it

can you make it that when you press a button it turns the vehicles interior glow things on on the buttons when the headlights turn on.
example:

Gives me nightmares. It also makes the doctor in a van with that logo seem cruel. Welp.
The Star of Life scares you?

can you make it that when you press a button it turns the vehicles interior glow things on on the buttons when the headlights turn on.
Good idea, and something I've considered for any vehicle that has headlights.

However, that means the additional work of making the interior things which would glow, and I don't like dials that don't do anything. I'll keep it in mind, but it might not show up for a while.

Sorry to hear that, that isn't something I've ever heard of before. I do have a function that parents onMount, but it doesn't do anything with the textured nodes.

Did you click on the vehicle's name in the Start Game screen?

.....yes

i lol'd at this.

The Star of Life scares you?
Yeah. I have no idea why they needed to put a corkscrew on it.
I'm literally perfectly fine with the simple +.

Why is it called a star of life anyway?

i lol'd at this.

Edit:
I might edit the logo to just a + if I do download this eventually :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:49:36 AM by lolguy1553 »