Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]

Poll

Who smells best

Niblic
Crown

Author Topic: Crown's Jailbreak [Christmas Event!]  (Read 303536 times)

That Crown dis though.

Anyway why does the "n" in Crown in the logs look different?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:37:06 PM by The_Clockworker »

It doesn't save on server restart. This is on purpose, I don't want a warning tarnishing someone's record forever just because a certain staff member decided to warn them for something.
wouldn't it be better to clear them after a certain amount of time than just whenever the server restarts

Also, I am wondering if you could make it so that mods could forcibly switch players to other teams. There are many occasions where mods have to explain that mods can't switch players.

Of course, if it has been made so that mods CAN forcibly switch players in my absence, disregard the above and inform me of this please.

The following is a guide I've made for wardens. This is mainly for players that haven't yet been warden or are struggling at being successful as the warden. Let me know if you have suggestions!

Warden Guide
Commands available to the warden:
Plant brickplaces a point
Undo brickremoves the last placed point
/spctoggles player collision on or off
/roll (number)   rolls a die with (number) sides
/rollnamerolls a random prisoner
/rollguardrolls a random guard
/loveopens or closes the cell doors
/splitsplits the prisoner team
/startvote (poll)   creates a poll for living prisoners
/ideashows a random game idea to play
Don't forget to use the light key to confiscate weapons!

How to become the warden:
To become the warden, first join the guard team (/jointeam guards)
   ->You will need at least 12 hours of play time to join guards
   ->You can check how much playtime you have with /timeplayed
As a guard, you may then type /warden to join the warden queue
   ->Type /wardenlist to view the upcoming wardens

Tips for being a good warden:
-Know the rules pertaining to wardens, not following them will result in a warden ban
-Make it fun, consider what you would like to see a warden do if you were a prisoner
-Direct your guards, don't let them slack off and allow riots to happen (e.g. getting knifed)
      ->Report non-obedient guards to staff and they will be guardbanned
-If you're running out of ideas consider checking /idea more often or taking a break from being warden
-Be creative, don't just rehash the same boring games (e.g. duck hunt, fr/lr, sharks and minnows)
-Plan out your warden round before it's your turn to prevent searching for ideas during the round
-Take roll by having prisoners line up and making sure none are missing to prevent sneak attacks

Things to avoid:
-Being a boring warden (e.g. starting out with fr/lr, tricking prisoners into leaving cells when it's AR)
-Excessive killing of prisoners, the goal is to have fun with the prisoners not to quickly kill them all off
-Setting up too many ARs, this can cause the round to be confusing and centered around remembering ARs
-Not being specific about your orders, this can allow prisoners to do things you didn't intend to permit
      ->Do not break up commands into multiple messages or say "jk" afterwards as this can lead to confusion
-Running out of time, keep your eye on the clock and don't try games that you don't have time to play
      ->If you still have a lot of prisoners with only a minute left you do not need to rush to kill them off
-Taking too long to give orders. Prisoners like to riot and if no commands are made before 9 it is a freeday
-Ignoring staff, if staff asks why you did something you should prioritize replying even if you're the warden

Round 1:
There has been much confusion about what is and isn't allowed on the first round, so I'll try to clear things up.
To know what the current round is you may type /maplist (which also shows the current and available maps)
For those unaware, the first round plays by different rules as specified by Rule 11a which states:
11. Do not intentionally give freedays or days that are guaranteed to lead to mass rebellion.
   11a. The only time this is allowed is if it is the first round.

While this should be clear enough, below are more specifics about what this implies.
ALLOWED
NOT ALLOWED
  • Declaring a freeday
  • Making all prisoners KOS for that round
  • Ordering guards to abandon the armory
  • Opposite days
  • Having prisoners make guards play games involving death
Note: A warday is usually a freeday where guards don't protect the armory. Declaring "warday" alone means nothing.
View the warday terms listing for more information about wardays.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:02:18 PM by Wesley Williams »

woah that is nice as forget, great work ostinyo

Very nice. I think this would really help new and current wardens. The only things I would change is there is a typo, the third thing on the list of things to avoid, -Not being specific about your oders

Also you should add a bit under the things to avoid to include           "-Killing too many prisoners with your games in a short amount of time. The goal is to have fun, not to whittle the prisoners down to one ."

But other than that, this is fantastic work, Ost. Nice job!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:29:18 PM by The_Clockworker »

The following is a work in progress guide I've made for wardens. This is mainly for players that haven't yet been warden or are struggling at being successful as the warden. Let me know if you guys have suggestions or concerns about it!
-snip-
add "don't copy luneth" somewhere in there
memes aside that's actually really good, thanks for taking the time to put that together, you should add "Understand the difference between autorebel and kos" under tips for being a good warden, as I often see wardens that think they're the same thing or just don't void ars properly and are confused as to why the prisoners aren't doing anything

woah that is nice as forget, great work ostinyo
Thanks Profit :)

there is a typo, the third thing on the list of things to avoid, -Not being specific about your oders
lmao fixed

you should add "Understand the difference between autorebel and kos" under tips for being a good warden, as I often see wardens that think they're the same thing or just don't void ars properly and are confused as to why the prisoners aren't doing anything
Also you should add a bit under the things to avoid to include           "-Killing too many prisoners with your games in a short amount of time. The goal is to have fun, not to whittle the prisoners down to one ."
Nice ideas I'll add these

What happened to the Pload's Prison Escape remake? Did you do anything with that?

The following is a work in progress guide I've made for wardens. This is mainly for players that haven't yet been warden or are struggling at being successful as the warden. Let me know if you guys have suggestions or concerns about it!
Nice job ost. Might I suggest you add that warden's should give a command before opening cells as it seems to be a pretty common mistake made. Also to not give one command broken into multiple messages as it can sometimes lead to confusion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:08:27 AM by Danny Boy »

Nice job ost. Might I suggest you add that warden's should give a command before opening cells as it seems to be a pretty common mistake made. Also to not give one command broken into multiple messages as it can sometimes lead to confusion.
Thanks, added those. The things to avoid section seems to be getting a bit beefy lol