seriously who thought thralls were a good idea
6 (6.7%)
dark sword
8 (9%)
estoc
5 (5.6%)
proof of concord farming
4 (4.5%)
sorry but im so good and i literally never die you all just need to git gud lmao
10 (11.2%)
lord tony's stuffposts
36 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Souls Thread [Demon's, Dark 1, 2, 3, SotfS, BB] - Working as intended.  (Read 164489 times)

has magic ever been balanced? to my knowledge the only time a miracle/hex/pyromancy/spell hasn't been useless was when it was broken as forget and a 1 hit kill

has magic ever been balanced? to my knowledge the only time a miracle/hex/pyromancy/spell hasn't been useless was when it was broken as forget and a 1 hit kill
its bad by itself. its perfect in gank scenarios.

im currently running a caestus fist fighting build and im gonna try to redistribute my stats so that i can use carthus beacon or whatever and maybe put more points into dex, strength, and vigor since i have a lot of points in vitality currently.

its kinda hard to say what to put my stats in since i also dont want to die instantly, though. any suggestions for a good stat distribution once i hit a soul level of 120? (caestus has A scaling for dex and strength if i remember correctly)

also for reference im doing the thing where i use both pontiff rings and the old wolf curved sword

Miracles can be strong if you learn to use the weapon art from talismans
Sorceries have the stronger set of rings, but have long ass casting times, though from what I've seen soul spear isn't actually a long cast, its just super easy to dodge

Which is the problem really, spells are so easy to dodge with 1v1, so as ceist said, its massively better for ganking. I mean, its the same thing when fighting npcs, sometimes 2-3 melee can be manageable, but toss in a mage and it becomes really hard to manage, like the fast forgeters with the fire guys in Irithyll

Pyromancies have a constant decent cast time and aoe. I still think its the strongest in the hands of a pro, plus i can eventually get enough INT to use crystal weapon if I so choose, or any miracle I want

Miracles can be strong if you learn to use the weapon art from talismans
Sorceries have the stronger set of rings, but have long ass casting times, though from what I've seen soul spear isn't actually a long cast, its just super easy to dodge

Which is the problem really, spells are so easy to dodge with 1v1, so as ceist said, its massively better for ganking. I mean, its the same thing when fighting npcs, sometimes 2-3 melee can be manageable, but toss in a mage and it becomes really hard to manage, like the fast forgeters with the fire guys in Irithyll

Pyromancies have a constant decent cast time and aoe. I still think its the strongest in the hands of a pro, plus i can eventually get enough INT to use crystal weapon if I so choose, or any miracle I want

im talking offense though

miracle heals are great but i dont think ive ever killed or been killed by miracles

and yeah when dark magic/hex isn't broken pyromancy tends to be the only one with decent feasibility

early on in ds3 i recall fighting this one guy who had a really low damage but near-instant cast which i couldnt counter thanks to poise working as intended
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:55:54 AM by Juncoph »

i dont like FP honestly

i preferred the set number of casts per spell

what if
hear me out
what if FP recharged slowly over time?
crazy I know, but just imagine that you werent locked away from half of the content because lmao no FP anymore

what if
hear me out
what if FP recharged slowly over time?
crazy I know, but just imagine that you werent locked away from half of the content because lmao no FP anymore
that'd be FANTASTIC

or a ring for less fp use

that'd be FANTASTIC

or a ring for less fp use
There is, its called the Dusk Crown ring
Except of course it harms mages by reducing hp by 20%
Non casters have the same thing but without the negative part.

There is, its called the Dusk Crown ring
Except of course it harms mages by reducing hp by 20%
Non casters have the same thing but without the negative part.
oh right

so I started playing bloodborne and oh god console FPS is abhorrent.

also where the forget do I go in the first area, ive gone through a bunch of sewers and killed this big ol pig, also got a lil music box

so I started playing bloodborne and oh god console FPS is abhorrent.

also where the forget do I go in the first area, ive gone through a bunch of sewers and killed this big ol pig, also got a lil music box
go left at the main bridge past the werewolves

go left at the main bridge past the werewolves
Down into that sewer area?

Down into that sewer area?
no, theres like a dank ass house that has a wheelchair dude and two trolls outside
past the house, go left to open the shortcut to the central yharnam lamp and go right to progress

im going to plat demon's souls one of these days