Author Topic: Blockland Memories  (Read 39139 times)

I was about 7 or 6 and I had first encountered blockland, being my first experience with addons, I had joined a person's server, and his name was something like SuperMario658 or something, he invited me to the server and we played for a long time, he had this shop thing and I think it was generally an rp, maybe a family rp. But I became his super admin, and I thought he was awesome, then he had his last server up. I had left and went somewhere and he was gone.

(other mentions being a server than introduced me to those small minecraft blocks, and some rp server.)

the first blockland server i ever joined was a family RP, and there was only one person that actually RP'd with me. he showed me how to actually play the game and overall was a nice guy. then me being the loving child i was went "hurr durr ima naem mysellllf after him" and i became Muse 2.

no idea where he is now, and apparently no one know's him either.

I remember waaayyyy back when USSR was still an awesome building clan, and not a distant memory.
Back when I was R@ND0M on the forums, too
Making applications to join USSR, when my building skill was absolutely horrible hahaha
I think I would've been around 12, or 13?

Oh, how times have (not) changed...

I remember starring as badspot in one of {L}'s researchos

I joined in v21 in 2012 D: but that's not bad, my first server was boat/building server and no one was in the server,  I used to
play pecon7's boss battle and suck at it, today I don't suck so much,  I found out how-to events and made friends with tophat, sugar
viso and much more, I could not take critism, I got pissed off when someone named amir posted a drama about my boss battles, I was
an idiot in 2014 for posting back to him, but soon we made up, anywho I learned how to built things, I made a zombie prison escape with events, I made my own boss battles map and I became admins on some friends servers. onetime I was stupid and tried to get admin on boss battles, yeah I thinking back now about that, I was idiot (again) Thank you badspot for making blockland and making sweet memories for many players.
sorry if I had bad grammar.
- coolguy32

Who remember the following?:

Fire vs firefighters gamemode (one that caused server lag due to too many fire emitters)

When BL used to not download item models and guns would look like recolored default guns

when the dragon playertypes came out and blockland went crazy with dragon rps

Irk89's Challenge
this is pure nostalgia for me
IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT SONG FOR YEARS

ever since I saw it on a video called "my blockland maps" which was some dude walking in a bunch of maps he had

I remember how I was playing on that exact version of Irk98's challenge and then I spilled my smoothie all over the laptop and fffssssssssspop

Memory lane

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:06:11 AM by Col. Burton »

Probably one of the most memorable times I can recall was an instance where I was working on a click challenge of sorts. I was just casually assembling some structures and props when all of the sudden my server had magically acquired 20+ players and I was no longer able to properly focus on my work. I hastily assembled a quick and large cubescape designed for tank and infantry battles. In the center was a huge array of buttons that caused a players score to go up when pressed, and a counter that incremented every time a button was pressed. I said that when the counter maxed out, whoever pressed it last would get a prize (I don't remember what the prize was). I gave everyone spears and pushbrooms, then spawned some tanks. I then let them goto town in a default minigame far away from my work.

The part about this that was most memorable is that the playercount continued to climb until I had to adjust the max player size to accommodate it, about 15 minutes into the minigame initialization I had 64/64. KalpRiddler joined after someone left and called me a massive friend and told me that I sucked at building and my server was total trash. See, apparently he was hosting some serious /event/ (new years or something) server and someone had told the people there to goto my server because it was more fun, he must have lost a lot of players, because he was pretty upset.

Good times.

I really want ski servers to be back :((((