Blockland Memories

Author Topic: Blockland Memories  (Read 39137 times)

i think he means the fond, it looks different than default
Oh, now I notice the font and shadowing..
So now..
How do you get the Cool Chat? I WANT IT! :C

I remember having stuffloads of fun just skiing on the slopes and doing tons of tricks and stuff. Loved building ski resorts on the mountains and joining skiing servers with loads of tracks.

I can't really remember the first time I played, although I remember being shown round to all the hidden places in each map by a bunch of people which was tons of fun.

Used to love playing on all the different maps people made. Pretty much stopped playing when maps were removed. Shadows were a stuff tradeoff imo.

I can't remember what map it was but there was some city map where it had a hole inside a building which made you drop into hell. Went on a big adventure with a group of like 10 people trying to find it, which we did eventually.

Blockland taught me to use good grammar, but for a while I Typed Every Word With A Capital Letter Which Really Got On Peoples Nerves But For Some Reason I Couldn't Help It.

My biggest memory was, because of naming myself ::SpaceMan::, was a bunch of people moaning at me copying the original SpaceMan's name, who was apparently some popular guy, which I did come across a few times. I just liked space and didn't know someone else did too

fun times, rip rtb rip blockland

Recently, I downloaded a copy of v20 and rode some ski's down the slopes. Damn the nostalgia hit me hard.

Where'd you download older versions from? I need to ski on the slopes once more
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:51:00 AM by kamber56 »

i remember doing this rp back in 2013 or 2014

it goes like this

we where on a space station mining something called "noobtonium" from a static shape meteor when suddenly renderman possessed a man and did spoopy quotes and chased after us, when then showed the user cute puppy pics and then he got unpossessed then it just went on and on for 1 day

not really nostaligic, but its burnt into my mind

besides that

renderman face

i used to play on freebuilds and condemn peoples houses by boarding the doors up. i was banned so many times.

I think they should make a RTB 2.0 :3

i just remembered this video i uploaded a while ago of the tutorial from the first version of retail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9D79nMlVz0

i just remembered this video i uploaded a while ago of the tutorial from the first version of retail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9D79nMlVz0
OH GOD

I remember when someone showed me how to use the printer. :')

Anyone remember the pokeball mod?

There was this one barebonesy server that me and my sister played on some years ago and there was this bloke called Darth Vader or somethingorother I don't remember.
He was being a jerk and catching everyone and using a glitch to throw them out of world.
So me and my sister hatched a plan to catch him and it worked and we built a little prison for him and shoved him in there. He wanted out because he said that he needed to go to the bathroom, but we just built him a toilet instead.
It was great.

Oh yeah, in the years between v8-13, my sisters and I would have little LAN servers and build stupid junk. We often went skiiing on the slopes and flying the Fierbird wherever we would please.

Oh, and I remember discovering the fact that you could break the windows in the Bedroom, and how there's a secret room between the head of the bed and the matress and on that you can access from the roof. Not to mention all the secret rooms in the kitchen too.

Bloody heck, I miss the maps. T_T

I remember how the tutorial from v8 didn't tell you how to use the printer or the wrench and we had no idea what they did, and when we did, it blew our minds as to how cool that was.

Back in 09 I would host challenge servers and would always have 32/32 players on the server at once. I would build a new challenge every week while I hosted on another server, and that went on for like an entire summer. Then I randomly quit blockland for 2 years, think I just forgot about it for a while.

I remember trying and horribly failing at being part of the Winter Bite RP

Epic dogfights on ikes peak and the slopes. Awesome fort wars on fortwar paradice, and explore the san andreas map. Left for block zombies on the zombie san andreas map. V12.... I miss those days. finding a cool looking spot on the slopes to set up a campsite. gotta load V19 on my second computer and have some fun..

I think the first server I joined was like a knife tdm or something like that, before grapple knife tdms became popular. I remember staying up late try harding and having a great time. In the beginning I spent most of my time on knife tdms, but I also liked any type of gun/shooting tdm. The first time I ever actually played blockland was the demo, I remember getting on there and thinking it was so cool, but really wanting to build over (250?) bricks. I first saw blockland on youtube watching videos that people like star_ and fillipe1020 made and laughing my butt off.

One memorable time allbeit only in 2014ish is I was on a new randomizer dm server, (I spent a lot of time on that server). I had the quake rocket and the owner of the server was amazing at the dm and usually won every match, I shot the ground below him shooting him up really high up in the air then shot him out of the sky with the rocket. I remember people chanting, "GoldenLego is our new god!" or something like that. It was fun. C:

I played the demo since i was 8, but i got the full game for my 10th birthday. I couldn't get it earlier because my dad thought it was a scam. I bought the game in 2008 during V8. Remind you - I have no idea how to speak the English language. That's the pain of being born in a non-English speaking country. During the DEMO i would build furniture into the little space in the Kitchen that you access from the crack in the wall on the side of the building. I also had a little tower on Slope.

The first server i joined in Blockland was called "[EuA] Hotel". The game took a long time to load. Back in the day Blockland used to label exactly every single file you were loading instead of cutting it into a "X OUT OF Y". It took forever to finish. When i spawned, the ground was a boring brown dirt texture and the sky was one of those simple blue ones. The hotel was a beige/red colored big building behind some Minikarts. I stepped in one of the rooms and a user called "Hooga The Pirate" said to me "Go Away" because I was standing in his way or something. My big brother told me that they probably don't want us here. I left the entire server instead of just leaving the room.

The next server i joined was some kind of a City RPG in Slate. You had money and you could by weapons and stuff like that. I recognized Kaje's minigun and shotgun from one of the videos i had seen and tried to pick it up, but it was behind some bricks so I couldn't really get to it.

The way i heard about Blockland was through many YouTube videos. Sampapa's Things to do in blockland, Crazy Blockheads 1 & 2 and several "My Blockland House" videos along with the official Blockland videos such as Run Hard and Jeep Sumo were really neat.

My first builds were mostly just houses with shooting ranges and stuff like that. They were really simple, but still very cool. At one point i began a big project where I built a medieval landscape into an aquarium around a 32x32 sized castle that i built in Jervan's server that had Lord of The Rings bots in it. The build had lots of fog and after discovering that the music files i downloaded from servers appeared in my single player too, i just spammed the whole build with stereo bricks that played the Kakariko Village theme of Twilight Princess. I had never played LoZ before. The build had lots of little easter eggs in it such as landmines that you could find.

At some point i crashed into this player called Smiley Guy. We would build stuff together and one day i met another called Sony. We were all Finnish and could communicate with each other. It was neat. We used to go far away from the Bedroom to the grassy area and play house in a turquoise box house. We also did lots of Blockland Machinima's together. You can still see the first one i acted in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfSd6ItoUxc