Author Topic: Blockland Memories  (Read 39487 times)

One of my first servers I joined "back in the day" was Diggy's Metropolis RPG, forever getting stuck under the roads or getting shot by a gang of criminals. That server had my first build which was a mini bar.

Along with that, I didn't understand the events system that well, so to make a light switch I'd have two blocks and have onPlayerTouch events on them. God, I've come a long way.

Haha

or those GTA Servers that where hosted on the San Andreas Map, where people just drove around everywhere.
reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkcgmHDAeaU

OH THE NOSTALGIA. I was the 4th gentleman to appear i think.

you don't think, you were the one of them.
i see your name clearly
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:40:32 PM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

[lego lad asked me to bump this, i guess]

[lego lad asked me to bump this, i guess]
How did you do a 7 month bump?

Quick edit an old post
Only works if you're the last poster

thanks blocklandblocko

I wanted to continue this thread but figured why not bump the old one

I used to host a really stuffty racing server and somehow it was really popular (I even filled up all 20 player slots a few times). Looking back at it now I have no idea why people loved it so much because the tracks were all made in like 5 minutes.

In late 2007, I hosted my first server at my grandparents' house (I was not able to at home). Someone called MrLaroo or something similar (perhaps MrLarue?) showed me how to make slides in Blockland, and this other guy named Sir(something) made a giant slide off the bed in Bedroom. Then, there was this guy named brilt, who tried to trap me in a structure made of roads and walls on the front step of the Bedroom house. I used my destructo wand to get out and then figured out how to kick or ban (can't remember) him.

I remember meeting Sugar for the first time back around late-2012 or early-2013 I don't remember, and it took me until late-2015 to realize she is autistic. Anymore, I met Moon Wolf in 2015 and we had a lot of fun. In 2012 & 2013 I used to be best friends with a  guy called Pepsi Man (he said he was 17 years old and I was 10 at the time) and we worked on our own Boss Battles with another guy named I think was named keper and never finished it, but we had lots of fun building it and talking and I think still have the save for the build.

When i first actually got Blockland in like v9 or v10, my very first friend ever was Cosmic Jumble. I'm pretty sure that was his name. Then the very first server I ever joined was some Zombie RPG near v10 maybe v11 I can't remember. Then after awhile I made a really good Friend that went by Alpha_X , I think? He was an amazing builder, he's the reason why Im semi decent at building. I haven't heard talked to him in forever. Don't know if he still plays or not.

-sticky keys

-playing role-plays on maps :(

-the dogfights

-rtb and all the friends that everyone had (and lost)

I probably remember the halo servers in 2011 the best
Also I remember rtb (yeah I've been on the game that long)

i used to get home from school to rush on the computer and play with my two best buddies to do our sub par family role plays lol

That was quite a beauty of a bump.