Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 133305 times)

speaking of errors, did you ever figure out a fix for this problem? (or just something in general I can change to prevent it)
spent like an hour making a really intricate running animation and

r i p

Wait wait wait, so using this I could potentially make the default minifig do animations and avoid animating 50+ weapons?

Wait wait wait, so using this I could potentially make the default minifig do animations and avoid animating 50+ weapons?
yes but too many extra threads cause problems apparently

so basically its not a good idea for a bunch of people to create their own

I thought it was too many threads making the datablock too large? Surely if you made a custom datablock using the minifig files as well as the custom ones it'd be fine?

Adding animations increases the TSConstructor size, you can only go so far before it fails to load.

Adding animations increases the TSConstructor size, you can only go so far before it fails to load.

You can have any number of animations in a single DSQ file, so you only need one entry in the TSShapeConstructor

Example? Or is it really simple?

Example? Or is it really simple?

Export one or more animations to a dsq file. Add it to the TSShapeConstructor sequence list without a name.

but when multiple people start making their own add-ons with custom animations, wouldn't they eventually pile up and will cause problems as zeblote said?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:10:50 AM by Trogtor »

but when multiple people start making their own add-ons with custom animations, wouldn't they eventually pile up and will cause problems as zeblote said?

The main problem with public add-ons that use custom animations is that animations are model-specific. Your playertype can have custom animations, sure, but if you want your weapon to have custom animations on the player side then people would have to use that weapon with a specific playertype bundled with your weapon.

Over, under, left right ... goodnight!

Shameless bump but blender is the stupidest smart piece of software I've ever used, so unintuitive to me. You can select by hierarchy but you can't de-select by it. Ctrl z only works in a couple of situations AND the UI is feels all over the place. However, I'm managing to use this plugin without a hitch :D

Shameless bump but blender is the stupidest smart piece of software I've ever used, so unintuitive to me. You can select by hierarchy but you can't de-select by it. Ctrl z only works in a couple of situations AND the UI is feels all over the place. However, I'm managing to use this plugin without a hitch :D
Blender is fantastic, just very difficult to get a hang of.

Yeah I can see the potential, which is why it's so frustrating that it's not more intuitive. Stupid smart software :panda:

It is me, triangle man of many faces