Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 132819 times)

when i import a playertype .dts (to be exact: the HMG found on any rtb archive) and immediately try to export, it says I added nodes when I didn't.
http://puu.sh/nDOdP/1c380272ea.png

can you explain what is going wrong here? i just want to edit the model and leave everything else intact.

"barrel100.001"? This looks like that DTS has two nodes with the same name, which Blender doesn't allow. You can get it to export if add "barrel100.001" to a new line in the "NodeOrder" text block (go to the Text Editor view) or if you delete the text block.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 07:38:52 AM by portify »

"barrel100.001"? This looks like that DTS has two nodes with the same name, which Blender doesn't allow. You can get it to export if add "barrel100.001" to a new line in the "NodeOrder" text block (go to the Text Editor view) or if you delete the text block.
would that break the model's DSQ's?

would that break the model's DSQ's?

It might not if you add it to the end, but I'm not sure.

Can you just make the exporter remove .00x from names?

does this currently work on Mac versions of blender, and if so, how may I install it onto said program?

i would consider using this more often if you could make materials transparent and shadeless

But you can already do that since like forever?

wh-

how

By ticking "transparent" or "shadeless" in the material properties panel

Yeah I can see the potential, which is why it's so frustrating that it's not more intuitive. Stupid smart software :panda:
It was plenty intuitive for me... The only thing that really got me at first was the right-click to select.

I guess it just depends on the person?

does this currently work on Mac versions of blender, and if so, how may I install it onto said program?

Google it.

It was plenty intuitive for me... The only thing that really got me at first was the right-click to select.

I guess it just depends on the person?
Yeah I'm the same, now that I've got right click to select it's alright

Recent changes

• Fixed "Use mesh transforms" messing up everything (this was probably the cause of most issues when exporting models with a skeleton (player models, some vehicles, some weapons) in them).
  • Removed all references to the "homegrown" implementation of quaternions. I originally wrote the DtsShape/DtsTypes modules to (in theory) be able to work outside of Blender, which means they had their own implementations of primitives such as vectors, matrices and quaternions. I've long since transitioned to Blender's own implementation for the first two, but quaternions have still been around, adding a lot more mental overhead (and CPU overhead, since they're much slower) when developing the plugin.
  • Added import and export of custom bounds.
  • Added DSQ import, because why not. This has been done for a while but it has the same problems as everything else regarding animation.
  • Added "Skeleton only" when importing.
  • Clarified some error messages to be more helpful.
  • Removed some leftover things, updated license year, Blender version references, etc.
  • Possibly many things I forgot about. There's probably a bunch of things that are broken now.