Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 131274 times)

just import the default m.dts in a separate window and copy over all the node order info?
The DTS importer doesn't import node order data anymore

The exporter will use the NodeOrder text block in older imported files if it is present. Newer imported files store such data together with the nodes themselves, and thus don't need the text block.

is it natural for importing m.dts and it showing up without nodes, like larm100 and main and start? every time I try to import the m.dts it loads fine and i can see the playermodel, but importing a .dsq animation will give an error say "could not find nodes for animation: start, main larm100" etc

some imported .dsq animations overlap or incorrectly import, so that the keyframe transformations bleed into other keyframes. like, the marker will say animation:end but the animation will be stuck in the last frame for every keyframe after that point
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:25:42 PM by PhantOS »

I just get this error when importing something like the jump DSQ

But that's because the player model has those nodes, minus the LOD value

Some DSQs refer to the nodes as 'Node100' while others are just 'Node', and the player model uses just 'Node', so the difference causes an error

why I'm keep getting this error when i export my wheel?
Nvm, I have to copy the wheel and paste in another blender window so it exported fine but I tried export my vehicle model but it showed me a error.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:29:27 AM by master king deaddude »

Sorry for the bump, I tried installing the importer/exporter the way conan said (File > User Preferences > Add-Ons > Install From File), Yet it wont work, I opened it up, and nothing happened, it wont work, it wont show up, theres no dice.

dont forget to enable it

my player type is just showing up blank. but when re imported (dts) into blender it looks just fine.

all i did to make the playertype was import an m.dts and replace the limbs with my own models.

if i unhide all the nodes, the only parts that do show up are the node models i didn't remove/replace (the skis in this case)

(sunglasses & printer not part of playertype)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:29:21 PM by Trogtor »

fixed it

setting all of the objects to this group worked. when i imported the .dts the objects not showing were under detail32

I'm making a playertype that has punching animations and how can i get an additional .dsq animation set for my playertype to 'append' with armsreadyboth? when the punching animations are activated the arms go down. there aren't even any keyframes for the arms in the animation.

I'm having problems with the arms

tried using a different thread slot?

tried using a different thread slot?
done that. same problem

mark the animation as blend which is documented in the FAQ
if it looks messed up then make sure you have a reference keyframe

https://github.com/qoh/io_scene_dts/blob/master/FAQ.md#how-do-i-make-an-animation-cyclic-how-do-i-set-the-priority-of-an-animations-how-do-i-make-an-animation-blend
completely forgot about this thank you.

how do I go about exporting just the skeleton from m.dts for the sake of playermodel rigging in blender 2.77? i'm having trouble figuring out how to do that, it's not letting me export as .ms3d or .psk. it might be me loving up the program though