Poll

After you've tried the new reference frame import feature, do you think it should be enabled by default?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [Blender] New DTS plugin  (Read 132879 times)

The default guns are actually coloured the same way. Their textures are blank or a variation of that and their colour is set up in their config files.

Let's get back on topic now:

Is there a tutorial or any kind of documentation for the new exporter?
no I mean like you changed the color of a specific texture, not just docolorshift to the whole model

Code: [Select]
$JVS::Content::Type::nodeColor2 = 205 / 255 SPC 176 / 255 SPC 86 / 255 SPC 1;You need to edit the numbers to the left of the / sign. The first value is for red, second is for green, third is for blue. Ignore the last one, it's for setting the transparency.

but where do i have to change?

$JVS::Content::Type::nodeColor2 = 205 / 255 SPC 176 / 255 SPC 86 / 255 SPC 1;

i have changed the values in bold. and the glass dor disappeared from brick menu.

you didnt tell me where i change the values

i guess the same thing happened again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 09:12:58 AM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

I don't understand why they have to make the variable look complicated.

They could just do $JVS::Content::Type::nodeColor2 = getColorF("205 176 86 255");

but where do i have to change?

i have changed the values in bold. and the glass dor disappeared from brick menu.

you didnt tell me where i change the values

i guess the same thing happened again.

You changed the wrong variables. I told you to change the numbers to the left of the / sign. So let me highlight it for you:

$JVS::Content::Type::nodeColor2 = 205 / 255 SPC 176 / 255 SPC 86 / 255 SPC 1;

That should probably do the trick.

thanks again, barna.
it works now.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:37:52 PM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

another problem is the blb importer.

it doesnt export .blb files.

i want to remove the stuffty texture from the octogrill.

It's not supposed to import/export blbs. That's a separate thing.

I am having trouble with modifying a dts file.  I import it just fine, change a material in blender, but exporting it, the material doesnt seem to go with it.  Is there some simple instructions or a place posted here where this is described?  Any help would be appreciated.

I am attempting to import a key.dts, change the material from using one png file to another and then export it.

It's not supposed to import/export blbs. That's a separate thing.
then how can i export?

You export the model as .obj and then you use an obj to blb converter (this can be easily found by searching)

i cant trust the obj2blb because the first time i used it. it screwed up.

but anyways. im trying

THE DOWNLOAD LINK DOESNT WORK
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:30:42 PM by BlocklandBlockoCity »

After import and change of png file

After export and reimport to show changes.

nonono you dont change the material there.

theres a grey.png in the add-on's zip folder that you change.

whatever the color of that .png is will be the color of the item in-game

ok.  So if i wanted to make copies of the dts file with different materials how would that work to reference a different png file in each dts?  I was after the rename in the export.  I am new to blender  and blockland addons so I could be doing something wrong with any of this.  My goal is to modify this addon for my son to have multiple keys of different colors like his keycard addon.

Thank you.