Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 99959 times)

Most things are working well for me except a few small things:

Bots from botholes that generate don't have a gun, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. Actually if it were possible, maybe an option to choose which weapons they could have would be neat. Maybe the same for vehicle spawners with vehicles.
Bots don't ever spawn when I reset a minigame, and /resetbots doesn't work.
If I set the chunk size to 64 with clouds on, single cloud cubes keep generating upwards. (I haven't tried any other chunk size besides the default)
Uncommon details are too common, and rare details are too rare, I don't think they spawn at all.
Unless I missed it, it should be possible to remove a detail in the menu.

Oh and is loading builds into terrain working yet? Because if so how do you?

I think that the brick-placing should be handled by simulating the controller as placing those bricks in a normal manner rather than spawning the bricks without any legitimate owner. This will help properly trigger the quirks of special bricks like bot holes.

Note: The same thing happened with normal 8x8 bricks.

I mean for example, like
lets say I load a generated world about 512x512 in size. The amount of bricks is around 60,000 or so.
Instead of regenerating it again, i save it as a .blb file for the "Save Bricks" feature. So when I load it, I don't have to regenerate it again, and it loads faster using Blockland's system.
And to add, there should be an option that says something like "Players can destroy bricks that are generated",  so if I wanted to build on the land, I could hammer some of the terrain, removing it, and build in a spot.
Whenever I save bricks, and load, it shows that the amount of bricks loaded, but they don't appear. I want to be able to load the terrain as a save file, is what I'm talking about
Resolved on Steam :)

Most things are working well for me except a few small things:

Bots from botholes that generate don't have a gun, but I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. Actually if it were possible, maybe an option to choose which weapons they could have would be neat. Maybe the same for vehicle spawners with vehicles.
Bots don't ever spawn when I reset a minigame, and /resetbots doesn't work.
If I set the chunk size to 64 with clouds on, single cloud cubes keep generating upwards. (I haven't tried any other chunk size besides the default)
Uncommon details are too common, and rare details are too rare, I don't think they spawn at all.
Unless I missed it, it should be possible to remove a detail in the menu.

Oh and is loading builds into terrain working yet? Because if so how do you?
If you set the weapon manually, yeah that's normal. I looked at how botholes are saved in .bls files, and didn't see anything in regards to weapons being saved or applied to bots. It should be possible though if you choose a bot that spawns automatically with weapons, like the medieval bots. Clouds haven't been finalized yet, so they'll be fixed for the beta. I'll also look into the bots issue and details.

The functionality for loading builds is there, but I need to figure out some things related to sending / uploading them to the server. I'm hoping to have them ready for the beta, but it's not in this version yet.

I think that the brick-placing should be handled by simulating the controller as placing those bricks in a normal manner rather than spawning the bricks without any legitimate owner. This will help properly trigger the quirks of special bricks like bot holes.
It normally uses the client for the person who started the generator, but I'm thinking it might be due to how bots are spawned from the chunk script.

Note: The same thing happened with normal 8x8 bricks.
Did you change the chunk saving method at all?

I didn't touch methods at all.

Were you using finite terrain or infinite? I did run into a similar problem with infinite terrain myself.

Both retrieved the same results.

I'll be in layover in an airport for a good hour or so I'll test for client mod incompatabilities.

To help test this I need to know every folder the mod creates to operate normally so I can create them manually,everything except the file that needs to be created.. I think I have everything down except BuildFolder.

I can test for you.

edit: when do i get the link?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:07:00 PM by Shizza04 »

ya I could test too if you want

-generates 2048x2048 finate terrain with 8x 1/2's
-goes to sleep to let it generate overnight
-wakes up, it's generated much more than i expected
-my computer is dying

don't try this at home kids.

Also can there be an option to remove the stalagmites or whatever from the caves? It's pretty awkward looking.

I can test for you.
ya I could test too if you want
Sure guys

To help test this I need to know every folder the mod creates to operate normally so I can create them manually,everything except the file that needs to be created.. I think I have everything down except BuildFolder.
- pic -
That's pretty much all the folders that are created, expect for all folders for chunk saves relative to seeds and sizes.

-generates 2048x2048 finate terrain with 8x 1/2's
-goes to sleep to let it generate overnight
-wakes up, it's generated much more than i expected
-my computer is dying

don't try this at home kids.
- pic -
- pic -

Also can there be an option to remove the stalagmites or whatever from the caves? It's pretty awkward looking.
That looks epic, also I'll include an option for the next test release for removing details from being selected. For now, the only way to clear details is to load one of the presets that clears the GUI.

Sure guys
That's pretty much all the folders that are created, expect for all folders for chunk saves relative to seeds and sizes.
That looks epic, also I'll include an option for the next test release for removing details from being selected. For now, the only way to clear details is to load one of the presets that clears the GUI.
he was talking about the weird sticks/1x5's that come out of every block in the caves

Yeah, that's due to the default bricks selected as details for caves. As of right now, there's no way to remove details like that from biomes except for loading the clearing presets, but I'm going to include an easy way to remove details for the next testing build.

The video tutorial is being uploaded now! Should be up in about 6 hours.