Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator v3 [Working on v3.1]  (Read 98983 times)

The GUI video tutorial has finally been posted! I also included video segments you can jump to in the video's description.

i can test if you need any more testers

That's pretty much all the folders that are created, expect for all folders for chunk saves relative to seeds and sizes.
What are they?

It's related to this.

What's with the awfully stretched buttons

i can test if you need any more testers
Sure

What are they?

It's related to this.
There can be countless folders - they are created when chunks are saved relative to the current seed and chunk size, and the seed can be just about any numerical value. I didn't know you were on a Mac though; I'm quite certain that's what is causing the issue. I haven't added Mac support, so I'm surprised it even generated the water bricks. It might also be caused by engine changes to FileObjects, since they are used when applying settings to the client GUI, which are then sent to the server.

I'm planning on releasing an updated alpha for the testers, instead of waiting for the beta. I can try adding support for Macs and see if that resolves the issue.

- pic -

What's with the awfully stretched buttons
Those are just placeholder for now, I'll be adding in the final graphics for the GUIs as the add-on gets closer to release.

It isn't about add-on mac-compatibility, it's the fact that some change in the engine's compatibility with the OS made it so Blockland is unable to generate folders. The reason all I get is water is that noise.cs uses fileobjects for randomizing.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 11:17:17 AM by Dannu »

Can someone just post what their folders are?

where do i download?
I'm working on some fixes for the next testing version, once it's ready I'll send you a private message with the download.

It isn't about add-on mac-compatibility, it's the fact that some change in the engine's compatibility with the OS made it so Blockland is unable to generate folders. The reason all I get is water is that noise.cs uses fileobjects for randomizing.
FileObjects aren't used for randomizing, but they are used when setting up default settings, which is probably where the issue lies. One thing we can try is setting up the server script objects manually, and seeing if that works.

I attached a script file to this message that includes the script objects the server uses. If you want, try installing it to your Blockland/Config folder and start the game with the default colorset. Then, once you've spawn on your server, type and enter exec("config/scriptobjects.cs");$PTG_init = true; into the console. After that, Don't hit the Apply and Start button, use the Resume button in the bottom right of the GUIs instead. That should load terrain normally; the colors might be slightly off, but if that works then I'll know exactly what's going on and how to resolve it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:10:00 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

It generated the same thing but with pretty green grass instead of sandy yellow.

But it at least generated terrain, the issue you were having was that it didn't generate terrain whatsoever?

No, it generated the water, tall water and a layer of sandy yellow terrain in the middle of it.

This happened with the method, the exact same result as without it except the terrain bricks used to be yellow.

I'd love to help test also!