Author Topic: Blockland Glass Development  (Read 25027 times)

If you want to play around with the new parser, it's now live at http://parsets-playground.nullable.se/. If you encounter something that looks iffy, please make sure to tell me.

I've begun integrating ParseTS to the new website. It's just running statically on a random script right now, on a version I built earlier today. Eventually data will be cached, and ParseTS will automatically be pulled and built, but that's later.

I did a little bit of work on the preferences, but nothing notable.

Finally, some progress. I've scrapped a lot of the old preference work to adopt the in-development standardized Blockland pref system. To accommodated for how this system is structured, I've reworked the GUI a bit.

I'm going to do a styling pass on it all eventually. I should have some sort of development build out this weekend.

You can probably make it compatible with RTB prefs as well if you can intercept that data.

If you want to play around with the new parser, it's now live at http://parsets-playground.nullable.se/. If you encounter something that looks iffy, please make sure to tell me.
rip captcha

rip captcha
Yeah, very curious about how that happened. Looking into it now.

Ok, fixed. Turns out 10 seconds of drift is too much for reCAPTCHA.

The old website has gone full HTTPS (yay). There might be some DNS updating still going on, since I've abandoned CloudFlare's weird half-encryption.

The CA is Let's Encrypt, a project in closed beta to distribute free SSL certificates as a result of the Snowden leaks. I believe I read that their root CA received cross-signatures from some other major root CA about a month ago, meaning it'll be accepted by almost all major browsers. As a result of the project still being in beta, I was only able to get blocklandglass.com a certificate, not any sub-domains such as the test site. That's coming soon (Q4 2015, aka now?), of course.

Now you can trust that nobody will steal your password. Woo-hoo

On another note, a lot of background work has been accomplished on preferences. I'm waiting on Blockland Preferences for some final functionality, such as saving, loading, updating, and whatever else, but I've also been contributing to the project, so if it's development is stagnant and I find myself with that time I'll just push that forward as to not hold back 1.1. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned it, but I've developed two separate resource managers (GlassFontManager and GlassResourceManager) that, respectively, are able to download fonts and other non-glass add-ons from static URLs. I plan to document these so that anyone else can hook in, and maybe even package them off separately. Currently, the font manager is used to fetch the font I use on the test site, quicksand, since I plan to make the site and add-on styling at least somewhat similar. The resource manager replaced the old download system for installing Support_Updater and will also download Blockland Preferences as soon as a static link is available.

On another note, a lot of background work has been accomplished on preferences. I'm waiting on Blockland Preferences for some final functionality, such as saving, loading, updating, and whatever else, but I've also been contributing to the project, so if it's development is stagnant and I find myself with that time I'll just push that forward as to not hold back 1.1. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned it, but I've developed two separate resource managers (GlassFontManager and GlassResourceManager) that, respectively, are able to download fonts and other non-glass add-ons from static URLs. I plan to document these so that anyone else can hook in, and maybe even package them off separately. Currently, the font manager is used to fetch the font I use on the test site, quicksand, since I plan to make the site and add-on styling at least somewhat similar. The resource manager replaced the old download system for installing Support_Updater and will also download Blockland Preferences as soon as a static link is available.
Ah sorry, I backed off for a bit assuming you were doing stuff, I'll continue work on it.

Oh, I just didn't want to take over your project and accidentally make it just a "Glass part 2".

Oh, I just didn't want to take over your project and accidentally make it just a "Glass part 2".
I wouldn't mind that honestly, as long as it's kept as a separate entity.

1.1 Alpha 1 (Dev branch)

Below is a cumulative list of changes since 1.0

• Added GlassResourceManager to manage support-level dependencies
  • Added GlassFontManager to download non-native fonts
  • Add-On dependencies are now listed on the in-game client
  • Lots of work on a preference system (keybinds!), based on Blockland Preferences, which includes RTB support
  • Baby steps on admin management
  • Blockland Glass is now preloaded; loaded before every other add-on

Please report any bugs you find. I'm aware of an issue with the news feed due to some font changes. I'm not particularly worried as I plan on reworking that entire system.

To use the preference system, simply put System_BlocklandGlass.zip in your server's add-on folder. Start Blockland twice! The first run, Glass will automatically download Support_Preferences for you. On the second run, everything should execute normally. Set a keybind to open the GUI, then join your server. You should find all your RTB prefs already there.

I wouldn't mind that honestly, as long as it's kept as a separate entity.
Will do.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:33:45 PM by Scout31 »

1.0.4 (Stable)

A bug fix for an issue that arose in the newest version of Blockland. Similar to what's causing RTB to crash, the Glass RTB importer combines all RTB add-On IDs in to a single string, which surpasses Torque's 4k limit if you have too many add-ons. Now, separate TCP calls are made so that the url string is relatively short.

On top of that, I realized that converting the site to HTTPS made the updater repository inaccessible. Any updates released since then haven't been downloaded. I've temporarily made the api directory HTTP only.

The 1.0.4 patch will find its way in to the development branch soon, probably in the next nightly update or something.

1.1 Alpha 2 (development)

Mostly a release to keep up with both the underlying preferences system and to bring in the fix from 1.0.4

• Lists are now supported in preferences
  • A prompt notifying users that we've entered alpha now appears
  • If a user isn't allowed to use preferences, the window is now dimmed instead of being buggy to hell
  • Background work on a setting system (currently all the saved glass settings are decentralized and don't conform to any pattern)
  • The admin system is almost done, all that's left is some testing and some gui changes. This will be out soon

1.1 Alpha 3

Lots of behind the scene work with this one, as well as the admin control now being functional.

• Restructure of add-on execution, central core file now
  • Implemented settings and cache system to more efficiently and reliably keep track of long term information
  • Admin control now works! Admin control can be found in the first tab of server settings
  • Users are now prompted about downloading requisite files instead of them downloading automatically