148 (57.4%)
I miss the maps too.
68 (26.4%)
What are maps¿
7 (2.7%)
I don't need maps in my life
35 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Author Topic: I miss maps  (Read 11053 times)

Terrain looked terrible, what are you talking about. Brick terrain looks fine as long as you do it right.

"Smooth-looking"

Smooth-looking five polygon terrain

the dirt trails look like someone took a stuff and smeared their ass all over it, confusing it as toilet paper
textured were stretched to beyond belief everywhere, in both interiors and terrain, as well as being tiled to hell and back, the same pattern repeating again and again

I created my own version of the slopes, and you can see the lines between the terrain bricks across great distances.  It looks terrible. 

Bricks aren't better than terrain, nor are they always an excuse not to build.  I'd rather have a repeating, smooth looking terrain that takes 0 bricks as opposed an ugly mess of lines and a finite land area further weighed down by the expense of brick count.
you can change the brick textures
and GSF bricks exist. don't tell me you didn't know this because you used them in your slopes build.

Terrain looked terrible, what are you talking about. Brick terrain looks fine as long as you do it right.
ModTer terrain looks much better than maps tbh.

the terrain was ugly as hell but it was funner to play on

to be honest I don't give a stuff if the terrain isn't exactly right, if I can run it and it looks like actual terrain, fine for me.
still, gameplay is over quality, have you even tried to drive on brick terrain? unless you make it either really flat terrain or 1x1f or 1x2f terrain it's hard to drive on, and I'd rather not get a super computer to loving run it

to be honest I don't give a stuff if the terrain isn't exactly right, if I can run it and it looks like actual terrain, fine for me.
still, gameplay is over quality, have you even tried to drive on brick terrain? unless you make it either really flat terrain or 1x1f or 1x2f terrain it's hard to drive on, and I'd rather not get a super computer to loving run it
Exaclty, i sacrifice graphics over mechanics and entertainment anyday

still, gameplay is over quality, have you even tried to drive on brick terrain? unless you make it either really flat terrain or 1x1f or 1x2f terrain it's hard to drive on
^

Anyone remember the good old days when blockland was a full of dynamic maps created by the community, and not flat with ripped googled textures?

Badspot should release a old version of the game that doesn't need updates so people who want to play on all the old maps can.
I miss maps too, but I think this goes into General Discussion. Not Drama.

I miss maps too, but I think this goes into General Discussion. Not Drama.
This thread was moved to drama

Anyone remember the good old days when blockland was a full of dynamic maps?
177 Your a friend's..... I feel bad for you

177 Your a friend's..... I feel bad for you
You call him a friend then you say you feel bad for him

I don't even

You call him a friend then you say you feel bad for him

I don't even
he didn't call him a friend you friend, he just pointed out the amount of votes

I don't exactly miss maps. Bedroom was good for that one spam city build and kitchen had some cool secrets but that was all I remember enjoying them for. I spent a good 95% of my pre-v20 time on slate edits. But i'll say it, the shader update was a loving sham.  We were promised nice, soft shadows, and we got blocky pixelated messes that can only come from only one light source, and only 25% of the user base can actually run them. We were told removal of maps was justified because apparently bad lighting/baked shadows or something made the game 'look broken'.

I'll tell you what makes the game 'look broken', running the game on low graphics settings. It looks loving awful, the shadows don't make any sense. Also, go ahead and drive a jeep into a brick, and you'll find yourself in low earth orbit. That stuff makes the game 'look broken'. Not being able to see water behind a window makes the game 'look broken'. Not being able to see more than 8 lights at a single time makes the game 'look broken'. Badspot said that the v21 update would bring new, bigger, better updates, and last time I spoke to the elucid administrator himself he said he expressed 0 interest in fixing these issues.

The shader update was just kinda vomited onto the game in order to shove it on steam so we could have more exposure and make more dosh. I'm not saying maps were all that great, but the v21 update traded in terrain for a trashy graphical gimmick.