148 (57.4%)
I miss the maps too.
68 (26.4%)
What are maps¿
7 (2.7%)
I don't need maps in my life
35 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Author Topic: I miss maps  (Read 11048 times)

oh yes, the staticmaps which have billions of collision problems, lag problems, vehicle physics problems and more.
note that vehicle physics were much much better with v20 interiors than staticmaps, also note that if a couple vehicles are inside the staticmap bedroom the entire game lags to stuff.
???

I just finished testing this, placed 20 vehicles and got bots driving them around and crashing into things and never experienced any lags.
Collision glitch, yes at least 4 of them never crashed into a wall and fell through the ground.

But this sounds like a problem on your side, I still use Content Doors even though they use static objects and never noticed any lag.

???

I just finished testing this, placed 20 vehicles and got bots driving them around and crashing into things and never experienced any lags.
Collision glitch, yes at least 4 of them never crashed into a wall and fell through the ground.

But this sounds like a problem on your side, I still use Content Doors even though they use static objects and never noticed any lag.
maybe, but it happens when I host a server

???
why would you notice lag on your own server

why would you notice lag on your own server
If this is the case then its obviously related to the internet connection speed.

yeah i think you totally missed the part where he said that "maps forgeted over any possibility of better future updates"
It's not like he's done so much since removing maps. It seems like he removed maps to make the game more marketable. The game looked like stuff (still looks mediocre but the shaders helped) and in order to do shaders effectively he had to remove maps.

I'm not going to pretend I don't miss maps. People say they were an excuse not to build but I feel like the best builds this game has ever seen came before v20. Maps were pretty much the only reason to use vehicles/skis in my opinion, the vehicle collision is still really crappy when it faces bricks, even on modter it's not ideal.

If Badspot had done more updates after removing maps, then I'd be cool with his decision. But nothing super gamechanging has come out of his decision yet, IMO. It just seems like he was going for the Greenlight cashgrab, with promises of updates that never came.

you can't older versions arnt compatible with multiplayer, and a game isn't about graphics. They are about quality. The old maps might have been ugly, but they where a great load of fun.
You can get the older version, and it's compatible with multiplayer, having its own master server and everything. Look up Port's V20 github repository.

You can get the older version, and it's compatible with multiplayer, having its own master server and everything. Look up Port's V20 github repository.

Only thing about Port's V20 I hate is that the datablock limit seems to be tiny compared to V21 and Bot_Hole doesn't work in it.

i prefer shaders over maps, but even if shaders where perfect and stable with the very ugly interiors and terrains i'de still prefer just plate maps over things like the bedroom or the slopes

i prefer shaders over maps, but even if shaders where perfect and stable with the very ugly interiors and terrains i'de still prefer just plate maps over things like the bedroom or the slopes
Yeah, I sorta eased out of maps prior to V21 so when they were removed i wasn't as affected, sure I miss em and I wish I could show my friends all the cool secrets but open space to freebuild is really what blockland was meant for. Maps just gave people little room to actually put effort in and just run spammy saves and let everyone admire the map more than the creation, slate was more friendly to those that were willing to build, I felt that the removal of interiors brought a new understanding of how blockland worked.

I miss maps too but they've been gone for over 3 years. They sadly are not coming back. We will just have to wait until someone out there decides to make a new game in the same spirit as classic Blockland was.

blame kompressor.
who has left us in the shadows since 2013. really! he's gone.

-snip-
Yea, I agree. Although maps have nostalgia, it was probably better for Blockland to move on to just slate. I barely remember even building in v20, really.

Anyone remember the good old days when blockland was a full of dynamic maps created by the community, and not flat with ripped googled textures?

You were around for maps...?

This made me remember the "I&T: The truth revealed" that i made 2 years ago. :/

OT: I do miss maps, and they're not coming back. If you want to play maps google around or something or play static maps. Maps have been gone for three years. You're a little late to the whole "v21 IZ BAYAD!! BRING BAK DA MAEPS!!!" bandwagon. its dead, everyones forgotten about it and we have more important things to do, such as arguing about autism and anime.

This made me remember the "I&T: The truth revealed" that i made 2 years ago. :/

OT: I do miss maps, and they're not coming back. If you want to play maps google around or something or play static maps. Maps have been gone for three years. You're a little late to the whole "v21 IZ BAYAD!! BRING BAK DA MAEPS!!!" bandwagon. its dead, everyones forgotten about it and we have more important things to do, such as arguing about autism and hentai