Blockland Glass 4.2

Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 294016 times)

No sounds, as the system isn't set up to handle them, and all work needs to be original until we implement the functionality to become a "manager" for a retired player's add-on. Sorry that I haven't had any time to moderate, I've spent most of my free time working on development.

lol so no sounds then? that "all work needs to be original" thing, what's that even supposed to mean? virtually all soundpacks contain sounds players didnt make. RTB and ORBS have not and are not having a problem with that.

i might as well just go use DaProg's mod manager instead then.

that "all work needs to be original" thing, what's that even supposed to mean?
That part was about my latter question.

That part was about my latter question.
oh ok never mind then. i misunderstood. i thought scout was talking about copyrighted sound effects or something.

oh ok never mind then. i misunderstood. i thought scout was talking about copyrighted sound effects or something.
Yeah. I misunderstood that part at first too. I had to re-read it a couple times.

Anyways, Scout, Jes, I'm having a problem with Blockland Glass causing my game to CTD. Any idea how to fix it? I still would like to use this mod but if this keeps up i'm gonna have to uninstall it.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=288107.0

The newest version, 1.0.4, has a fix. The problem is the same that's causing RTB to crash. Just download it from the site.

Glass 1.1 has entered beta testing. For anyone interested, you can download it from the same page, just press "Development" instead. Here's the running list of changes:

1.0.4 -> 1.1 Beta 1
  • Add-On dependencies now appear in the ingame mod manager
  • A brand new Server Control gui and preference system. You can manage admins as well as use any RTB or oRBS preferences, thanks to Support_Preferences
  • Added the ability to require certain client mods to join servers (think custom GUIs for CityRPG's). You'll soon be able to automatically have these downloaded and installed
  • Several back-end changes that will optimize the experience
  • Support_Updater and Support_Preferences are now downloaded much more intuitively

Although it's on the development branch, you can expect the beta to be relatively stable.

We really need more active reviewers. The only active ones are Nexus, you(?), and I.

With the new site coming out soon, we're reworking how reviewing works so that we (hopefully) need less, and if it's still an issue I'll look for more.

If a file has been approved, please don't display the "Approval Status" thing.

Example: https://blocklandglass.com/addon.php?id=152

edit: Just went through and did a bunch of reviews.

Please add upstream repositories again.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 11:25:26 PM by Greek2me »

I'm not doing any work on the old site because the new site will be out soon which has already addressed both of those.

By soon, I mean that I'm starting the 2.0 development branch today and likely freezing the old site this week.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:52:17 AM by Scout31 »

So Blockland glass will no longer overwrite support updater's ui right?

So Blockland glass will no longer overwrite support updater's ui right?
There has always been the option to disable the Glass updater gui and use the default.

Rather than forcibly overwriting somebody else's mod, though, it would be nice to ask users what their preference is.