Author Topic: Blockland Glass 4.2  (Read 291178 times)

After installing, I am now in "sending punch packet" hell.
10/10
Sorry to shoot down your sarcasm, but Glass has nothing to do with that.

Does this interfere w/ oRBs?

it might interfere with prefs considering glass's system has a compatibility layer for oRBs, but that should be it.

glass might have preferences
orbs might have preferences
both might have some preferences the other does not

Your version number parser doesn't follow the SemVer spec very well.

There's been a problem...
There was an issue uploading your file. Here's the error text:
Invalid or nonsequential version format.

Try again?

The version in the system was 4.0-beta-something and I tried to upload 4.0.

Check out my TS implementation and maybe port that over to whatever you're using: http://greek2me.us/code/Support_SemVer.cs

It works fine, based on the specifications I read from SemVer.org when I made it, which I believe said alphanumeric, meaning not supporting multiple dashes. We've talked about this before.

Nope, read the spec:

A pre-release version MAY be denoted by appending a hyphen and a series of dot separated identifiers immediately following the patch version. Identifiers MUST comprise only ASCII alphanumerics and hyphen [0-9A-Za-z-]. Identifiers MUST NOT be empty. Numeric identifiers MUST NOT include leading zeroes. Pre-release versions have a lower precedence than the associated normal version. A pre-release version indicates that the version is unstable and might not satisfy the intended compatibility requirements as denoted by its associated normal version. Examples: 1.0.0-alpha, 1.0.0-alpha.1, 1.0.0-0.3.7, 1.0.0-x.7.z.92.

Build metadata MAY be denoted by appending a plus sign and a series of dot separated identifiers immediately following the patch or pre-release version. Identifiers MUST comprise only ASCII alphanumerics and hyphen [0-9A-Za-z-]. Identifiers MUST NOT be empty. Build metadata SHOULD be ignored when determining version precedence. Thus two versions that differ only in the build metadata, have the same precedence. Examples: 1.0.0-alpha+001, 1.0.0+20130313144700, 1.0.0-beta+exp.sha.5114f85.

So the problem is that I have a pre-release version that uses two hyphens (legal), but I cannot update the pre-release version, 4.0-alpha-5, to the release version, 4.0, because the website complains. This is also an issue of precedence. (see SemVer.org #11)

I believe the code I posted above is exactly to-spec.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:27:17 PM by Greek2me »

We've broken 20k downloads! That's an average of about 55.4 downloads per user. Of the 20228 downloads, 47% are web downloads, 21% are RTB files, 20% are in-game, and 12% are updates.

Any news on the new site?

Most of the back-end is done, what's left is just actual page design and user-sided functionality.

Is it possible to move add-ons that already use support_updater to glass?

I have a version.json like this at the moment (for new duplicator):

{
   "version": "1.2.0",
   "channel": "release",
   "repositories":
   [
      {
         "url": "http://bl.zeblote.com/repository.json",
         "format": "JSON",
         "id": 1
      }
   ]
}

What would be the best way to migrate users to the new repository?

What you could do is upload the add-on to Glass, download the add-on which now contains the automatically generated version.json, and point http://bl.zeblote.com/repository.json to the zip containing the new version.json. Every update after that would be through Glass.

Alternatively, the new site will have upstream repositories. The system will automatically check your repository, and if any changes are detected, it will automatically submit them as an update. If your goal is to migrate off of your repository entirely though, the first method would be ideal.

Anyone else having an issue where if, when they start a server for the first time loading Blockland, Glass works fine, but if the server is restarted glass does not open when the hotkey is pressed?

If you're memtioning some thing similar to the preferences, yes. I'm having this issue with server restarts as well.

Yes, also my preferences I change for mods do not stick after I restart... Which makes restart required settings, namely hat items for the hat mod, pretty annoying. :[

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look in to it this afternoon.