Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]

Poll

Continue working on CityRPG?

Yes
30 (88.2%)
No
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]  (Read 27755 times)

So I got a recent message, just going to put it here because they didn't decide to post it here:
I or someone else will probably go crazy and rack up like 600 days and essentially be permabanned.
Yes, there is no max time for jail, you can be jailed for 600 days but that would take a very long time for that to even happen, such as achieving 500+ kills
Permabanned, that only happens if you constantly break a server rule or a rule that says you will get permabanned; and you only get autobanned in jail if you constantly kill people in the jail, autobans do not last long but they do remember who they ban, meaning the time will rack up if it bans you again, usually these autobans start at 60 minutes.

Day ticks can always be changed, currently it's only 3 minutes, so I might add a poll and see what you guys want for day (tick) speed.
I might also have parts of the year for the day to shorten.

Speaking of rules, I will post them here soon.
There are 2 types of rules: Building and server-wise.

So I got a recent message, just going to put it here because they didn't decide to post it here:Yes, there is no max time for jail, you can be jailed for 600 days but that would take a very long time for that to even happen, such as achieving 500+ kills
Permabanned, that only happens if you constantly break a server rule or a rule that says you will get permabanned; and you only get autobanned in jail if you constantly kill people in the jail, autobans do not last long but they do remember who they ban, meaning the time will rack up if it bans you again, usually these autobans start at 60 minutes.

Day ticks can always be changed, currently it's only 3 minutes, so I might add a poll and see what you guys want for day (tick) speed.
I might also have parts of the year for the day to shorten.

Speaking of rules, I will post them here soon.
There are 2 types of rules: Building and server-wise.

"Essentially be permabanned" was referring to how the server most likely wouldn't last for 2 years, though I hope it will.

600 days does not actually mean 600 days. They are game days (ticks) as said before, which only last for 3 minutes, the current poll can change that time though. Sorry, I should've been more clear when I stated days.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:12:27 PM by Kyuande »

Bank GUI is now done and ready to use. Here's a picture.

Edit: Now shows your new amount, and yes, it will correct you if you go over the amount of withdrawing or depositing.
Edit2: "New amount" is now in blue instead of the current value text, cash now shows the new amount as well. These "new amount" texts only show if you're actually modifying withdraw/deposit. If they are the same, they cancel out and still will not show the "new amount"

Edit3:The bank GUI is now completely done and even works on the server. If you walk off the block it will close the GUI.

Working on a job GUI now.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:10:44 PM by Kyuande »

Bump! Any suggestions for the server?

yeah I got one.

Don't make it a forgetin' crater town :( Be more creative than just walling your town in with a bunch of rock. Something I did on the last city I worked on (Crown's) was I had actual mountain walls around majority of the area, ocean on another side, and then I had a big open grassy field to the west, with invisible walls and fog to make it seem endless. Ocean-side property is always the most desirable and has boat potential, grass fields are low brick count and make the city feel bigger and natural. It's like having parks in the city, but it doesn't waste space INSIDE the city. Have some tunnels or roads leading into the distance, your town had to come from somewhere.

pics related

Your buildings are really nice tho

Nice! Thanks.

I might try make the boundaries look like yours, or at least close. I'm not really a good builder, which is why I got many other people to help build the city, very nice of them all.
We had something like this but one of my friends (Cecil) who was going to remake it, but quit BL :( so I have to find another person or group to help with the sides, I think I might have found them.

if you need help gimme a holler, environment and terrain this low detail takes about 10 minutes. I can make stuff for you to dupe around so you can shape the map any way you like

Thanks. I'll let you know when I decide to open the server for building/testing.

I've gotten my name back thanks to a special someone.

wow that city in those pics looks good huh.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:41:43 PM by Crøwn »

ya is beutiful, the host must have been a real c00l dude

if you need help gimme a holler, environment and terrain this low detail takes about 10 minutes. I can make stuff for you to dupe around so you can shape the map any way you like
We actually had better walls before, but it was planned to be redone. Therefore, they were replaced with makeshift ones with less brick count and easier to delete.

That doesn't make any sense. So was it decided that the old walls were 100% unusable? Cause Kyu really seems to like the idea of better looking walls, so if all the old walls were deleted, you've wasted that effort and lost those walls so they must be redone entirely.

also this seems dead

We actually had better walls before, but it was planned to be redone. Therefore, they were replaced with makeshift ones with less brick count and easier to delete.

This is true. The walls were made before and they had a similar style to yours and looked very nice. Kyuande was unhappy with the walls and tasked one of is (unreliable imo) friends to do it. The friend deleted the walls and then quit Blockland. The builders that built the wall before are too busy with school / projects to come back and build the wall.

Wait I thought you quit, Visolator