Poll

Continue working on CityRPG?

Yes
30 (88.2%)
No
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]  (Read 27696 times)

Farming is close to being done.

Farmer is a thing you can choose from the job system:
 - Farms can also grow drugs, but it won't be as suspicious unless the popo find out.
 - Probably the easiest way to make money, unless criminals steal your crops. If caught you can hammer them.
 - Best job to increase economy rate.
 - Crops are used from that farming server, which has stages of looks
 - There are seasons, so farmers also have bad times to grow stuff unless they find a way to do so.

I like it...but lose those goddamn walls surrounding the city, damn it.

i coded and built everything viso is holding me hostage in his basement send help

I like it...but lose those goddamn walls surrounding the city, damn it.
The walls have been temporarily, as I'm not happy with the boundaries I built that look gross to the nice buildings.

Make something original in the mod like add a stock exchange that links with the yahoo finance/google stock api. You could select a subset of the top 100 companies on one of the major indexes and allow players to invest

was my bank removed from the city? nice.

Your bank is still there, just forgot to take a photo of it.

Make something original in the mod like add a stock exchange that links with the yahoo finance/google stock api. You could select a subset of the top 100 companies on one of the major indexes and allow players to invest
I might just create my own stock market system.

I might just create my own stock market system.
That would be very complicated unless you plan on stripping out all the strategy and fun of investing

That would be very complicated unless you plan on stripping out all the strategy and fun of investing
Pretty much the idea to make it stragetic, some stocks will do well and some will not. Some are based on jobs, which would be interesting.

Pretty much the idea to make it stragetic, some stocks will do well and some will not. Some are based on jobs, which would be interesting.
That doesn't sound strategic, that sounds like gambling. The strategy in stocks comes by (amongst other things) evaluating their real value vs market value. How are players meant to determine when to buy, and what to buy?

What I was thinking is the strategy that GTA 5 has with stock markets.
The radio can help with buying specific stock markets, but they won't change that fast. (Discusses when some of them crash or build up)

I don't feel like using an API to check with other real stock markets as it seems a bit silly.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:57:30 PM by Kyuande »

I don't feel like using an API to check with other real stock markets as it seems a bit silly.
How so

for a stock market to include corporations that provide products and services that nobody in said market uses, its pretty odd

plus it detaches the stock market from ingame actions even more. Maybe with invesments into faux corps like "Blocksanto", farmers can get a boost/penalty based on how well said conpany is doing on the markets.

having influence fron actual stock values isn't a bad idea cause rng can be a bitch, but outright using them makes it feel weird imo

having influence fron actual stock values isn't a bad idea cause rng can be a bitch, but outright using them makes it feel weird imo
Well yeah that works too, I just think including them somehow makes it a lot easier to make a semi realistic system