Poll

Continue working on CityRPG?

Yes
30 (88.2%)
No
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]  (Read 27700 times)

Job system is now finished. I have done some tweaks to the mod:
Bank
    + Money is a little more difficult to earn, as if you do your job, you can get paid to your max income, otherwise you will have a lower income.

Crimes
    + When in jail, if you do chat, all admins are able to see what you are saying.
    + Super admins are only able to talk globally when in jail. (Used to be admins)

Super Admins
    + Super admins now have 2 modes. Switching between these modes have a huge timeout to prevent accusations of "cheating".
        - Play
            - Super admins can normally play as a regular player.

- Modification
            - Super admins are not able to interact with the game system. They cannot earn money or exp. They are able to fly and look at player's health, item count, and see how close they are when they speak from the chat. This mod is very useful if you rather moderate the server than playing. CityRPGs are difficult to moderate, so this will probably be my main mode.

Finishing up on the lot system code! I can get a lot of progress done this weekend.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:26:50 AM by Kyuande »

How big are lots going to be?

How big are lots going to be?
16x16, 16x32, 32x32, 48x48 and 64x64 at the moment; possibly more lot types.

Personally I think the max should be much higher, and 16x shouldn't exist. When was the last time you saw anything remotely decent being built on a 16x plate in a City RPG? I think you should take full advantage of the city landscape and bump it up to 32x - 128x or further, so people can build huge hotels and skyscrapers.

16x16, 16x32, 32x32, 48x48 and 64x64 at the moment; possibly more lot types.

heh

Personally I think the max should be much higher, and 16x shouldn't exist. When was the last time you saw anything remotely decent being built on a 16x plate in a City RPG? I think you should take full advantage of the city landscape and bump it up to 32x - 128x or further, so people can build huge hotels and skyscrapers.
16x16 lots will turn into shop lots, such as building a nice little stand for food. This means that 16x16 lots can only be bought by shopkeepers who sell food.
Yeah, of course you can change your job and use it for something else, but I'm okay with that.

Also, max width and length for bricks is 64, so I can't bump it to 128.

What I am thinking for lots is it should be cheaper if you plant a new lot to a nearby lot you already own.

Add a Law System.
I.E Attorneys, Judges, Prosecutors, etc.
I have no idea what this can be used for.

Add a Law System.
I.E Attorneys, Judges, Prosecutors, etc.
I have no idea what this can be used for.
Getting rid of crims going straight to jail

Problem with the law system is that you need at least 3 people to use those jobs, pretty sure they won't be on 24/7

Mod updates:
+ Fall damage distance is now shorter, you can jump off a 2 story building and cripple yourself.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:49:18 PM by Kyuande »

Problem with the law system is that you need at least 3 people to use those jobs, pretty sure they won't be on 24/7
Surely it would be easy to have the gamemode revert to a simplified law system should there not be enough players

Surely it would be easy to have the gamemode revert to a simplified law system should there not be enough players
Hm. I'll think about it

Mod update:
+ When you arrest someone you do not get the money instantly. It adds the money onto your next paycheck.

Are there any models (not brick models) of food? If so, can someone link me to them please? I'm using it for the hunger mod.
Not exactly the same thing but you could try modifying these to increase the player's hunger values and have these be dispensed by food sales bricks. http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=140241.0

Thanks!

Today I am going to unlock the server for a bit (in like 30 minutes from this post) so you guys can take a look around and even test bugs. Food items won't be in until next reset so I'll work on those later.

[Open!]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:42:27 PM by Kyuande »