Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]

Poll

Continue working on CityRPG?

Yes
30 (88.2%)
No
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Visolator's City (City RPG) - Reviving? Ideas? [Host sometime?]  (Read 27758 times)

Going to try hosting from the VPS again, this time I removed a few add-ons.
I removed all RTB components and it seems to run a little faster now. (Kong123's server also has RTB removed)

Thanks for playing everyone. I now have found even more bugs than expected:

Players are still able to spawn items and weapons (Only the sports)
Jail times are ridiculous - People being jailed over 1000 days and it only takes less than 2 minutes to cause that
Jobs are still messed up

I saved everyone's profile, so no worries.

CityRPGs in general are difficult to make and even maintain, so I might just work on this pretty slowly, it's been wasting my time trying to figure out how to make this a good mod. I will still continue this but it'll be slow progress.
I think I'll do better making Tower Defense because of how it's original.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 09:27:44 PM by Kyuande »

Jail times are ridiculous - People being jailed over 1000 days and it only takes less than 2 minutes to cause that
I jailed a poor fella and it felt like I sent him to a lifetime sentence in hell.

CityRPGs in general are difficult to make and even maintain
I feel this, so much.

CityRPGs are hard to make and maintain, so I am going to discontinue this.
It's been consuming my time trying to figure out what's missing, and what needs fixing.

I don't feel like releasing this into the public, I will now release the source because I will no longer continue this. If you have any concerns or bugs that you can't figure out please PM me about it.

To get the mod, please PM me (here or steam) and I will send you a zip of the mod, colorset and the save. Thank you for participating in the CityRPG project!

READ ME contains:
This gamemode is not finished but it is playable.

Job trees:
Citizenship
Workforce
(Farming) - Didn't add because it wasn't finished
Criminal
Police

Things left that I discontinued from:
Unique item system (Common/ResourceSO.cs)
Fixed jail time, as days should not be based on demerits (Common/JailSO.cs)
Teleports should cost money (Common/Teleporting.cs)
Shop system (Common/ResourceSO.cs) (Never started on)
Make the hunger system more unique (Common/Survival.cs)
Drugs (CityItems/Drugs/*)
Farming (CityItems/Farming/*)
Special arresting (CityItems/HandCuffs/* and Common/JailSO.cs)
Spawning/purchasing vehicles (Common/ResourceSO.cs)
Possible chance to pay off demerits (Common/JailSO.cs)
See who's wanted (Common/JailSO.cs)

Lots more...

Making the teleport system: Use the Teleport 2x2f brick in the City tab, name it anything you want, and done.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:53:57 PM by Kyuande »

that teleportation system is cool

Going to crosspost, but:

There's an exploit to clear people's items.
I recommend downloading this if you have a CityRPG https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7GxvN-ySa6JYVdpaVdQM1I2VXM/view?usp=sharing This CityRPG mod already includes this exploit fix.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 02:03:29 PM by Kyuande »

Bump because there's a chance I might finish up the mod instead of leaving it dead

Bump because there's a chance I might finish up the mod instead of leaving it dead
Will you host it yourself? :D

I am really looking forward to this. I just hope that the city doesn't reset often like most other CityRPG's.

I am really looking forward to this. I just hope that the city doesn't reset often like most other CityRPG's.
I still have the old data from back when I hosted it, I only reset if the update screws with their profile, which I will soon create a function to fix missing variables instead of resetting everyone

Is this version going to be more centered around building something and expanding the city or more or less getting lots of money and starting a criminal gang/stopping a criminal gang type scenario would you say.