TotalBiscuit has inoperable and untreatable cancer in his liver

Author Topic: TotalBiscuit has inoperable and untreatable cancer in his liver  (Read 4988 times)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

The cancer in his bowels are gone, but there are spots (tumors) in his liver and it cannot be operated or treated without chemo.

"Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer"

The average amount of people with this kind of cancer are usually the elderly, so the average life expectancy may not be right in his case and he may be realistically looking at a fair more years average.

:(

wtf how is it non operable
just remove the loving liver or something

great idea

im not strong in the workings of the human body
what exactly does the liver do

if the liver was removed, your body would have no way to remove toxins, impurities, and other nasties from your blood.
Also you'd get drunk super bad.

You'd also die. Horribly.

sort of like the garbage collector of the body
regulates toxicity levels in your blood or something

slap one of these in there instead

jk this is obviously a joke
totalbiscut is a great guy and had just gotten to the end of his battle in his colon :/

There's a reason why liver has "live" in it.
But don't they have liver transplants for people who shot theirs with heavy drinking?

Just because the liver has malignant tumors doesn't mean it's the source of the infection. It could be, but it's too much of a risky procedure to risk it by chance.

Chemo usually ends up being the best bet at eradicating the cancer, but that's because chemo is effective at utterly destroying cells. I hope the best for TB, but this is definitely not an easy thing to overcome.

the list is usually really loving long for people who need transplants
with total having such a large fan base maybe someone will come forward with the correct blood-type
you never know, he is well loved.  

Damn that sucks. I don't really follow him but from the sound of it he has had problems with cancer in the past as well?

the list is usually really loving long for people who need transplants
with total having such a large fan base maybe someone will come forward with the correct blood-type
you never know, he is well loved.  

You're not understanding. They don't know if the liver is the source of the infection or not, so they can't do a transplant. There's no telling if after they are successful with a transplant if spots would show back up in the new liver.

Damn that sucks. I don't really follow him but from the sound of it he has had problems with cancer in the past as well?

Awhile back he went in after putting off health issues for a long time and it turned out that a tumor in his bowls became malignant and he had been fighting it since now. Apparently the bowl cancer migrated to his liver.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:18:29 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

oh my god thats horrible.
How old is he?

Quite a lot. It's very important.
It detoxifies the blood, breaks down dead blood cells, produces bile used in digestion, and creates essential hormones
It's generally considered to have around 500 functions.
The liver is probably the most important/varied organ in the body, at least in the abdomen.

That's a real shame.
That's a truly horrible way for anyone to die, and unfair that it's someone so young.

oh my god thats horrible.
How old is he?