Author Topic: Presidential Elections Discussion 2016  (Read 17374 times)

What lie did it take to convince him and his family?
the one where Bernie said his policies would work ;)

Which policy in particular? I'm interested.

Dude that was a Sick Bern

i felt that bern all the way over here

Which policy in particular? I'm interested.
I went over a lot of things, didn't know I successfully convinced them until my friend told me a week later when we hung out again and I didn't ask but I'm p sure the most pressing thing for them was the potential economic impact

the most pressing thing for them was the potential economic impact

I don't want to support x candidate here's a list of vague details why

I went over a lot of things, didn't know I successfully convinced them until my friend told me a week later when we hung out again and I didn't ask but I'm p sure the most pressing thing for them was the potential economic impact

What did you go over with him? What is this potential economic impact?

Bernie did well, proud of him. 15 more days till Iowa.

I don't want to support x candidate here's a list of vague details why
yes that's exactly how it went in real life
no
 he's trying to get me to elaborate in detail so he can refute whatever I said, and implying he's right, effectively render whatever arguments I used to convince the family invalid and thus their cutoff of support unnecessary

but I'm in bed typing from my phone and I don't want to debate about politics

no
 he's trying to get me to elaborate in detail so he can refute whatever I said, and implying he's right, effectively render whatever arguments I used to convince the family invalid and thus their cutoff of support unnecessary

"He's trying to get me to elaborate in detail so he can refute whatever I said, and implying he's right, effectively render whatever arguments I used to convince the family invalid and thus their cutoff of support unnecessary."

First of all: what? Also wow, I hope that your employer doesn't make you do any brown townysis. If you don't want to discuss, why would you make that post?!

no

yeah saying that you convinced someone to stop supporting a candidate is basically expressing "i have been a successful debater on this topic" and kinda implies that you're willing to do it again

maybe it was just a passing comment, but when an active discussion is going on it just sounds a lot like a leading statement into a more specific topic

So how did the "tax the rich" conference go?

Oh, here's a great image:

I don't know if I can completely blame Hillary Clinton. It's well known that she was a conservative in her younger years and became more liberal as time passed. People give her a lot of stuff for flipping her views on gay marriage, but is that really justified? Should we be berating people who have changed their perspective and adopted better views? I don't know. It might be relevant for presidential elections, but it feels a bit scummy to me.

Oh, here's a great image:
let me make a metaphor to defuse this image

just because you acted like an idiot before and still do a lot does it mean that literally everything you say is bullstuff, or that every thought you have is bullstuff and that no one should support it?

also, people change:
I don't know if I can completely blame Hillary Clinton. It's well known that she was a conservative in her younger years and became more liberal as time passed. People give her a lot of stuff for flipping her views on gay marriage, but is that really justified? Should we be berating people who have changed their perspective and adopted better views? I don't know. It might be relevant for presidential elections, but it feels a bit scummy to me.