Enhanced Graphics Screenshots + Graphical Resources

Author Topic: Enhanced Graphics Screenshots + Graphical Resources  (Read 142730 times)

Featuring Brick Tessellation, my PCSS shader, MXAO, ReShade SMAA, an edit of MagicBloom, and the last one uses RBM.

-snorp-
Beaut.
holy stuff that build brings memories flooding back. DL link?

king leo needs to come back :(

holy stuff that build brings memories flooding back. DL link?
https://leopard.hosting/dl/gwmpk/King_Leos_Castle.zip
I don't think it's the most recent version, though.

I have taken quite a few fancy screenshots; most recent one is last. Some have Brick Tessellation, most have MXAO, bloom, and custom shaders. Lastly, the more recent ones use ReShade SMAA instead of external antialiasing.

The photos of the military base look neat.

I have taken quite a few fancy screenshots; most recent one is last. Some have Brick Tessellation, most have MXAO, bloom, and custom shaders. Lastly, the more recent ones use ReShade SMAA instead of external antialiasing.

What shaders/shader settings do you use because no matter what I have weird artifacting that is annoying both in gameplay and screenshots.

Im aware artifacting is probably a given with Blockland shaders, but I feel like mine is worse than it should be.

What shaders/shader settings do you use because no matter what I have weird artifacting that is annoying both in gameplay and screenshots.

Im aware artifacting is probably a given with Blockland shaders, but I feel like mine is worse than it should be.
For most of the screenshots in that post, I used my own PCSS shader file that has varying shadow softness and for screenshots I tend to have the shadow resolution beyond regular maximum via better shadow control. That being said, it would help to see exactly what sort of artifacts you're having, since shaders must balance between two different artifacts: peter panning, being shadows disconnected w/ objects and shadow acne, which would manifest itself as dark lines since the shadows are too low.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:57:56 PM by QuadStorm »

ReShade v3.3.2 works with Blockland; no idea when it started working again. You might need to replace your old reshade-shaders folder by renaming it before installing.
Reminder on how to get the depth buffer in multiplayer:
Seeing how ReShade is blocking the depth buffer for network games you can remedy this just by opening the OpenGL32.dll up in a hex editor program and find+replacing all occurrences of "recv" and "send" to "racv" and "sand".
This will change the function export table for the network functions it uses to detect if you're in an online game.

ReShade v3.3.2 works with Blockland; no idea when it started working again. You might need to replace your old reshade-shaders folder by renaming it before installing.
Reminder on how to get the depth buffer in multiplayer:
The MXAO filter is still bugged/broke with this version.

The MXAO filter is still bugged/broke with this version.
This version (3.4.60) of MXAO works. Hopefully the version in the repository is updated soon.

This version (3.4.60) of MXAO works. Hopefully the version in the repository is updated soon.
This version is still kind of bugged (for me at least). Less flickering/breaking than the previous version I was using but still flickering nonetheless.

This version is still kind of bugged (for me at least). Less flickering/breaking than the previous version I was using but still flickering nonetheless.
If MXAO is flickering on and off during multiplayer, you need to edit the opengl32.dll file with a hex editor like so:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=292833.msg9826481#msg9826481
Otherwise I've experienced no issues with MXAO.