Author Topic: #TheTriggering is the #1 trending hashtag on Twitter...  (Read 24353 times)

it's not cyber bullying- these people aren't trying to make others feel worse as much as they're just trying to make themselves feel better. that's why most people aren't sticking to the issue, and are just stating their own opinions.

are you even reading these tweets
I'm reading the full feed, and the majority of the tweets are fine. You guys choose exceptional examples that pump smoke up your own arses.

There's a difference between censorship and banning richardheads.
I understand that. McJob, I actually have zero context behind this whole issue but I'm assuming that the jerks on Twitter act as a catalyst and the people who have logical and insightful opinions to share are the ones getting hit by the reaction

lol religion doesn't exist God doesn't exist all Christians are dumb idiots

I believe there is reason to doubt that religion exists but I'm going to be courteous with my opinion so that I don't offend anyone

I'm pretty sure there's a clear difference between these two, and I can only assume this is the kind of stuff that happens on these parts of twitter (not exactly this issue, but similar format)

Badspot

• Administrator
im pretending to be triggered

brother you ain't pretending:

thanks for making this hashtag, nice way to compile a list of forgetfaces

im sorry but wow is this the dumbest stuff ever what a DUMB HASHTAG DUDE

its a hashtag where people bring out their controversial thoughts and make themselves look like a bigot because they think it's OK as other people are doing it.

That's some grade A, gen-you-whine butt flustering.

brother you ain't pretending
That's some grade A, gen-you-whine butt flustering.
get smacked by the rulers donnie

brother you ain't pretending:
lol thank you kendrick lamar

just bcuz king nerd says im triggered doesnt mean im triggered stop it youre going to make me cry ok

just bcuz king nerd says im triggered doesnt mean im triggered stop it youre going to make me cry ok

i told you

I'm pretty sure there's a clear difference between these two, and I can only assume this is the kind of stuff that happens on these parts of twitter (not exactly this issue, but similar format)
I mean religion exists no matter what people say...

I mean religion exists no matter what people say...
i used it as an, uhh.. What's the word... Example, allegory, w/e I forgot the word

Unless you have unresolved anger issues, there's really no good reason to say things that are offensive. There's also a way for people to express their opinions without offending anyone, so the whole 'they're just expressing their opinions' stuff doesn't excuse anything

So the people who support #thetriggering are just jerks who have nothing better to do than beat up people on the Internet? I'd call that cyber bullying
how to stop cyberbullying:
step 1:

step 2:
???

step 3:
profit

Unless you have unresolved anger issues, there's really no good reason to say things that are offensive. There's also a way for people to express their opinions without offending anyone, so the whole 'they're just expressing their opinions' stuff doesn't excuse anything
if you're offended by someone's internet words and want to stop being offended just loving walk away problem solved

Common courtesy isn't too much to ask, yet a huge portion of the Internet can't deliver

how to stop cyberbullying:
step 1:

step 2:
???

step 3:
profit
So you're saying I should inconvenience myself for the sake of some 14 year old starfish on the other side of the country instead of simply silencing him? You know, bad people never learn.

I know it's a grave mistake to assume that somebody's online persona reflects how they are in real life, but how pleasant of a person can you be if 50% of your free time is spent hurting other people's feelings on the internet
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:47:21 PM by Path »

Not saying I agree with Path, but I bet you can relate when I say sometimes it can be hard to walk away.