Author Topic: Windows 7 PSA regarding Windows 10 upgrade (Forced upgrade)  (Read 5846 times)

According to this post -
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/4a59p4/psa_windows_7_computers_are_being_reported_as/
- it seems like Windows 10 will be updated without user permission (at/after restart/shutdown).

Make sure that:
Disable Auto-updates.
Ensure that Windows Update KB 3035583 and 3139929 are not selected.
You can install GWX Control Panel to rid of Windows 10 upgrade notifications.

my windows 10 computer had an odd update that took 2 loving hours to do
with no warning or anything, it just popped up a window saying that it needs to update like usual, I was expecting it to take 5-10 mins (like usual) not 2 hours
and not much even changed, it just replaced some icons and forgeted up my settings

why the forget is microsoft pushing for windows 10 when it breaks a lot of things we have
srsly

I like windows 10 but I find it ridiculous that Microsoft is pushing it out and forcing people to use it, it's a world of free choice man let people use what OS they want. I know people that still use Windows 98 and XP lol

why the forget is microsoft pushing for windows 10 when it breaks a lot of things we have

What does Windows 10 break? I'm not some ubuntu nerd so I don't know if actually breaks anything important to me

windows 10 is fast and amazing in my experiences with it but what the forget

yeah i'm not getting any forced updates or anything, it works gr8 for me

My current windows 8 machine hasnt been able to open metro tiles for well over a year. Fixes havent worked and I cant be bothered reinstalling

I tried upgrading to windows 10 last month, and it completely broke explorer. Taskbar wouldnt show, start menu wouldnt work, stuff wouldnt open, so I reverted. If I'm forced to update to this stuff I will not be happy

my windows 10 computer had an odd update that took 2 loving hours to do
with no warning or anything, it just popped up a window saying that it needs to update like usual, I was expecting it to take 5-10 mins (like usual) not 2 hours
and not much even changed, it just replaced some icons and forgeted up my settings
version updates basically completely reinstall windows.
(buy an SSD)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:22:20 AM by tails »

version updates basically completely reinstall windows.
(buy an SSD)
how faster is disk read/write with an ssd
atleast for things like bootup time and stuff

Windows 10 completely loving screwed my dad's PC.
And loving hell, my pc has the same specs. stuff.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:36:45 PM by Sp0nge80b »

I'm not some ubuntu nerd so I don't know if actually breaks anything important to me
lol what

What does Windows 10 break?
Barely anything. Just wait till a AAA game needs DX12 and they'll all move to it.

Ensure that Windows Update KB 3035583 and 3139929 are not selected.
i have both 3139929 and 3035583
i've disabled updates and completely removed gwx.exe and all related programs
just to be on the safe side, is there any way to remove those updates?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:13:29 AM by Cloudworxz »

Barely anything. Just wait till a AAA game needs DX12 and they'll all move to it.
No sane game dev would force the game to use exclusively DX12. They'd have it use both DX12 and DX11 and then choose the highest version available.