Author Topic: Bible Prophecy Overview  (Read 19553 times)

God exists, there is too much we can't explain.
But where did God come from?

This is not proof God exists, if it was then absolutely everyone would believe in God.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:42:05 AM by MoltenKitten »

"always has and always will be"

"always has" - idk if there was anything or anyplace for Him to have come from. doesn't make sense ik lol

And that's how we know that if God is really loving then hell is either a product of the church and has nothing to do with the original scriptural writings, or God is a total richard.

Hell is the hardest thing for me to wrap my mind around people believing in it. If God is love, and death was Adam and Eve's punishment, why would God change his mind and cast people into an eternal lake of fire to a suffer endlessly? It's just not just.

this should help you

Everytime I read this, I get incredibly unnerving chills up and down my spine because of how this supposed "poetic nonsense" (as a secular reader would put it) actually makes sense.

From the way I interpret it, the sun somehow goes "black as sackcloth made of hair". That would mean that the sun effectively "burns out", but continues to exist likely as some sort of dwarf star too faint to be effectively seen. With the whole moon becoming "like blood", it makes me think of a lunar eclipse. During a lunar eclipse, the moon generally appears a rusty red color because of the lack of light reaching it. Well, if the sun is drastically dimmed, the moon is going to appear red.....like blood.....When the stars are apparently falling onto the earth, it makes me think of meteor showers on steroids, where meteorites are actually repeatedly striking the earth. Earthquakes and cataclysmic destruction from space debris is inevitably going to be massively wrecking the landscape, as stated by mountains and islands being moved from their places. People of all classes abandon their societies and ranks and hide together in isolated areas just to stay alive and avoid the destruction as they try to escape the Second Coming that they were obviously very ill-prepared to face.
Unfortunately it's not feasible if you accept physics.
The sun will expand first, before it ever dims. In expanding it will engulf Mercury and potentially Venus and Earth. If the Earth survives the expanse then it will be burnt to cinders. A red giant is not as hot as our sun, but it will be closer, baking us and probably stripping off our atmosphere and water.
By the time the sun shrinks again, Earth would be no more.

We also know that it will take millions of years. It will take far longer than humanity has existed (whether by biblical or scientific measuring) for it to occur. So, no, the end is not nigh.

You're practically guaranteed to match events across the world with descriptions of Seals 1-5, but number 6 requires soome pretty damning evidence of happening. I'd settle for nothing less than the deestruction. in the film 2012.

By the way, does it not seem a bit distasteful to spin some fearmongering out of a tragic attack like Brussels?

as a Christian none of this scares me, and it shouldn't

as a non-Christian I don't see how this should scare you

This is not proof God exists, if it was then absolutely everyone would believe in God.
the countersigned the counter-arguement for this is that how did anything in the world come to be. SOMETHING had to just exist at some point in time.

I've been going through Revelations in my Bible study, and the end times are going to be awful. I feel for anyone who's not a follower of Jesus.

What caused the big bang theory? What caused the process of evolution and natural selection?
Theres the proof.

Cool read, I'm agnostic but I'm still fascinated by the abrahamic apocalypse and the rapture. Plus, I love prophecies, and it's really interesting seeing all of the parallels to today's events

the countersigned the counter-arguement for this is that how did anything in the world come to be. SOMETHING had to just exist at some point in time.

I've been going through Revelations in my Bible study, and the end times are going to be awful. I feel for anyone who's not a follower of Jesus.
But how do we know it is that specific God and not roman or greek gods?

And if God could just exist why can't elements?
What caused the big bang theory? What caused the process of evolution and natural selection?
Theres the proof.
No it's not because once again where did God come from?

These are beliefs for a reason, they are not fact. No one can say anything but a theory about the origins of the universe. Quite frankly I'd rather live by my rules than to follow a god's rules just to find out it was another god that made everything.

And if God could just exist why can't elements?No it's not because once again where did God come from?

These are beliefs for a reason, they are not fact. No one can say anything but a theory about the origins of the universe. Quite frankly I'd rather live by my rules than to follow a god's rules just to find out it was another god that made everything.
God has existed and has been there forever.  I like to believe what Vonnegut wrote.  In his book "The Sirens of Titan" he explains how we are worshiping this eye in the sky who is watching over us and judging us.  When in reality, we are just here for a much larger reason than we can comprehend.  So, i think that it is impossible to comprehend God's existence.

And if God could just exist why can't elements?No it's not because once again where did God come from?

All my point was implying that something had to exist first, so the whole argument of "where did God come from" is moot because we don't know how anything first came into being.

So when's the world gonna end this time?

All my point was implying that something had to exist first, so the whole argument of "where did God come from" is moot because we don't know how anything first came into being.
Oh sorry I was in argument mode
God has existed and has been there forever.  I like to believe what Vonnegut wrote.  In his book "The Sirens of Titan" he explains how we are worshiping this eye in the sky who is watching over us and judging us.  When in reality, we are just here for a much larger reason than we can comprehend.  So, i think that it is impossible to comprehend God's existence.
You can believe he exists but don't force others to believe, it's annoying af. We have no more proof God exists than we do that he doesn't.

So when's the world gonna end this time?
when your mom gets out of bed