Author Topic: Bible Prophecy Overview  (Read 19304 times)

That's the whole point of faith. Is seeing always believing? What if you were blind? You might not think colors exist....
When it comes to some cloud guy I have a hard time believing. If it sounded more reasonable sure I'd go for it.
As for the color thing you randomly added: https://van.physics.illinois.edu/qa/listing.php?id=1866

For the record I'm not trying to say you aren't allowed to believe, I'm just stating what I think.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:47:47 AM by Alyx Vance »

There is no proof that a god exists, hence the term "faith" in religions. However I've never really liked Christianity in comparison to other religions because Jesus seems like an starfish and a hypocrite

the four horsemen being directly linked to palestine's flag

huh

When it comes to some cloud guy I have a hard time believing. If it sounded more reasonable sure I'd go for it.
"Some cloud guy" is literally the worst way to perceive the lord. God isn't just some "spirit in the sky" like you were told in sunday school. The lord God is literally a piece of you. He is the part of your soul that tells you what feels righteous and good and what feels wrong and dirty. If you never have these conscious thoughts then you are worse than scum.

Genesis 2:7
Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Many people judge the bible before they even read it or try to understand it. That's the main problem. Everyone wants to always assume they know best when they havent even looked into the word of God.

Proverbs 21:2
Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:49:53 AM by Goth77 »

The lord God is literally a piece of you. He is the part of your soul that tells you what feels righteous and good and what feels wrong and dirty.
is there any better way to insult yourself than to say that if you didnt have god you wouldn't know right from wrong?
if god didn't exist, would you go around stabbing people and stuffting everywhere?

When you make a bunch of vague guesses, it's only natural that some of them will come true thousands of years from now

What caused the big bang theory? What caused the process of evolution and natural selection?
Theres the proof.
Just because you can't understand it doesn't mean it's wrong.

When you make a bunch of vague guesses, it's only natural that some of them will come true thousands of years from now

Vague guesses such as Damascus, one of the most populated cities from the beginning of history, becoming completely desolate from war? Yeah, that's just an odd coincidence...

is there any better way to insult yourself than to say that if you didnt have god you wouldn't know right from wrong?
if god didn't exist, would you go around stabbing people and stuffting everywhere?
Your argument is invalid. You obviously don't believe in God, do you? Are you currently stabbing people and stuffting everywhere? My point exactly.

Your argument is invalid. You obviously don't believe in God, do you? Are you currently stabbing people and stuffting everywhere? My point exactly.
lol what

Seriously Ghost, I thought you were better than this.
what the hell is this supposed to mean

-snip-
lol what
He is basically trying to reverse my statement. I said that God is the little voice in your heart that tells you right from wrong (ex: killing someone) .

He is saying that if there was "a God" then people wouldn't do these things or that people who didn't believe in God would be stuffting all over the place. This leads down to the fact that the Lord gave us free will, and we are able to choose what we do with it; even if we usually ignore the consequences (which we do)

how does god watch 7 billion people at once

-snip-He is basically trying to reverse my statement. I said that God is the little voice in your heart that tells you right from wrong (ex: killing someone) .

He is saying that if there was "a God" then people wouldn't do these things or that people who didn't believe in God would be stuffting all over the place. This leads down to the fact that the Lord gave us free will, and we are able to choose what we do with it; even if we usually ignore the consequences (which we do)
but you said that god is what tells you right from wrong
so if there wasnt a god in your eyes, then you wouldnt know right from wrong
and so wouldnt see the wrongness in murdering people
then god obviously isnt the thing telling me right from wrong if i don't believe in him
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:23:47 PM by Doughboy »

but you said that god is what tells you right from wrong
so if there wasnt a god in your eyes, then you wouldnt know right from wrong
and so wouldnt see the wrongness in murdering peoplethen god obviously isnt the thing telling me right from wrong if i don't believe in him

Do you not have morals? Do you think murder and rape are o.k? Do you not have a voice in your soul that tells you right from wrong? Or do you believe these things are wrong only because the law says so?