Author Topic: Bible Prophecy Overview  (Read 19681 times)

I outlined some of the more outrageous stuff I find humorous in the good book on the first page.

although i will say some of the prophecies are intriguing. like Damascus.

but not convincing enough to make me a believer because empires and cities falling are common throughout history

if the prophecy was Damascus will never become ruined, that would be more interesting

How do you know that Syria wasn't just named after Syria in the bible?

hey look guys i found a picture of goth irl

How do you know that Syria wasn't just named after Syria in the bible?
This is a good point. Just because its mentioned in a book doesn't mean it predicted it.

hey look guys i found a picture of goth irl
hey look its me

From the way I interpret it, the sun somehow goes "black as sackcloth made of hair". That would mean that the sun effectively "burns out", but continues to exist likely as some sort of dwarf star too faint to be effectively seen.
i think it's just a solar eclipse

...and a lunar eclipse at the same time

I'm actually one of the four horsemen, war, and the end of the world is gonna come around june
thanks for the heads up

Or maybe he was being serious, and he was doing the only thing he can to save the few he can. Even if this post reaches out to one soul, it's worth it.
i think it's more along the lines of gsf read up on this and thought it was interesting
because prophecies are pretty cool

There are many deceptions, from what you think is safe in your food to eat, to what you think is real news.
doesn't answer the original question

That is the voice of God

No, it's your conscience. It's heavily studied and documented as a singular-body thing and it is heavily influenced by culture and environment. You can't just attribute random things as the work of god and expect to convince people because hurr durr its god

I don't like people dismissing things they don't understand as 'because god' because it's just as easy (and lazy) to dismiss it as 'because magic'.

No, it's your conscience. It's heavily studied and documented as a singular-body thing and it is heavily influenced by culture and environment. You can't just attribute random things as the work of god and expect to convince people because hurr durr its god

I don't like people dismissing things they don't understand as 'because god' because it's just as easy (and lazy) to dismiss it as 'because magic'.

You can call it what you want.

as a christian i'd like to sepcifically explain why i agree with this but i don't have the time atm

goth you lost all respect and credibility when you thought noah's ark was actually real

thats a loving story dude, i'd love to see you draw up some estimates of how big the boat would have to be to fit two of every single animal on earth

goth you lost all respect and credibility when you thought noah's ark was actually real

thats a loving story dude, i'd love to see you draw up some estimates of how big the boat would have to be to fit two of every single animal on earth
especially considering that a majority of the species on earth are fish, and fish arent good at surviving on a boat, especially without water.

You can call it what you want.

No you can't call it what you want. Conscience exists for a clear-cut reason. We as humans have gotten used to this method of adapting to cultures and environments, adopting their principles and philosophies and using them to survive in the modern world. Our conscience, empathy and humility are what defines us and to attribute our unique qualities to the work of a higher power without at least trying to understand what they are is almost demeaning.

You can think whatever you want to think, that's a great thing about society. You have completely freedom to your beliefs. Just don't push them as facts.

God spells out to Noah the dimensions of the ark: 300 cubits by 50 by 30. Using the longer "Egyptian royal cubit" of 529mm, this works out at 158.7m long by 26.45m wide by 15.87m high (520 feet 8 inches long by 86 feet 9.3 inches wide by 52 feet 0.8 inches high)

stolen from google :)

I'd say it's a pretty good size.

No you can't call it what you want.
Yes you can