Bible Prophecy Overview

Author Topic: Bible Prophecy Overview  (Read 19303 times)

With everything going on in the world lately, and especially with the latest attacks in Brussels earlier today, I just wanted to give an overview of Bible prophecy, and how it relates to recent events. I've been studying eschatology for a few years now, and even though many people will disagree, please be open; this topic is meant for honest, respectful discussion.

Public Service Announcement: This thread is meant to discuss prophecy, not to attack other religions or beliefs. Also, I am not promoting a specific date or time-frame, thanks =)

Chronology of Events

Future Prophecies Being / About To Be Fulfilled

Return of Jewish people back to Israel - their homeland given to them by God (In Progress)
Ezekiel 20:34 - "I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered -- with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath."
Isaiah 11:11-12 NIV - "In that day the Lord will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the remnant that is left of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea. He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth."
Hosea 3:4-5 - "For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or idol. Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the LORD and to his blessings in the last days."
Hosea 6:1 - "Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."

Israel becoming a nation again in one day (Fulfilled on May 14, 1948)
Isaiah 66:8 NIV - "Who has ever heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labour than she gives birth to her children."

Israel: From a desolate wasteland to a thriving nation (Fulfilled)
Isaiah 26:6 NIV - "In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit."
Isaiah 35:1-2 NIV - "The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy...."

Destruction of Damascus (and possibly all of Syria) (Almost Complete)
Apocalypse Damascus: Bombed-out houses and rubble for as far as the eye can see... this shattered landscape is all that remains of one suburb in Syria's capital
Isaiah 17 - “Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city and will become a fallen ruin. . . . At evening time, behold, there is terror! Before morning they are no more. Such will be the portion of those who plunder us and the lot of those who pillage us."

Judgment of Egypt (In Progress)
"Hosni Mubarak ruled Egypt for almost 30 years until he was swept from power in a wave of mass protests in February 2011"
Mohammed Morsi grants himself sweeping new powers in wake of Gaza
How Mohamed Morsi, Egypt’s first elected president, ended up on death row
Isaiah 19 - "Behold, the Lord is riding on a swift cloud and is about to come to Egypt; . . . So I will incite Egyptians against Egyptians; and they will each fight against his brother and each against his neighbor, . . . Moreover, I will deliver the Egyptians into the hand of a cruel master,"

War of Gog and Magog (In Progress)
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT — Discovery of Oil in ISRAEL Ten Times Larger than World Average
Jewish boy's vision of WWIII and Heaven (pres. of US & Russia = Gog & Magog?)
Israel makes massive discovery of oil in the Golan Heights. Is this a prelude to the “War of Gog & Magog”? Here’s the answer, Part Two.

Increase in Wars, Earthquakes, Pestilence, and Plagues / Diseases (Fulfilled and Still In Progress)
Matthew 24 - "For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. . . . For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs."

Increase in false prophets, betrayal of loved ones, rise in lawlessness, lack of justice causes love of many to grow cold
Matthew 24 - "Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold."

7 Seals and the Rapture (1-5 In Progress, 6 & 7 Underway)

11:11 Phenomena

Rise of the anti-Christ
Daniel 7:24 - "As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings."
2 Thessalonians 2:7-9 - "For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,"

(Seals 1 - 4) Rise of CIA / 4 Horsemen

The colors described for the 4 Horsemen seen by John in Revelation are the same colors as the "Palestinian" flag, and could very well symbolize the rise of the Islamic caliphate; Islam (especially with those who follow the Quran and Hadith) seeks to conquer through terror / force (represented with the white horse).

Revelation 6:1-2 - "Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer."
Revelation 6:3-4 - "When He broke the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come.” And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him."
Revelation 6:5-6 - "When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”
Revelation 6:7-8 - "When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, [a green] horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."

(Seal 5) Christian Persecution
Administration under deadline pressure to call violence against Christians 'genocide'
Revelation 6:9-10 - "When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, 'How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?'”

(Seals 6 & 7) Rapture & Silence in Heaven
Revelation 6:12-17 - "I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, 'Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?'"
John 14:3 - "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

7 Year Tribulation

One World Currency, Religion and Governance (led by anti-Christ)
http://www.gotquestions.org/one-world-government.html
China calls for new global currency
Peres proposes ‘UN for religions’ to pope at Vatican “What we need is an organization of United Religions..."
Global Citizenship

False, Forced 7 Year Peace Agreement (Starts the 7 Year Tribulation)
US 'Will Force' Israel-PA Deal (2013)
Daniel 9:27 - "He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven.' In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."

Mark of the Beast
No one will be able to buy or sell without taking this mark. However, doing so will require consciously denying God, and will condemn that person to Hell forever upon receiving this mark.
http://www.gotquestions.org/mark-beast.html
Revelation 13:17 - "so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name."
Revelation 14:9-10 - "And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, 'If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.'"

7 Annoying Orangeet & 7 Bowl Judgments
http://www.gotquestions.org/seven-seals-Annoying Orangeets.html

Abomination That Causes Desolation
The anti-Christ will proclaim himself to be God (and possibly sacrifice an unholy animal, thus desecrating the Jewish temple), which will cause the Jews to wake up and realize he isn't their savoir or messiah. This will also cause them to flee Israel.
http://www.gotquestions.org/abomination-desolation.html

Protection / Salvation of the Jewish People
The Jewish people will be protected during the 2nd half of the Tribulation, and will eventually realize that Jesus is their true Messiah. God allowed the Jews to reject Jesus as their Messiah, so that salvation can be offered to everyone, including gentiles (us). However, very soon God will turn His attention back to saving the Jewish people.
Romans 11:25 - "I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,"
Revelation 12:5-6 - "And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne. Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she had a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days."

Return of Jesus with Christians
Revelation 19:11-13 - "And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God."

Millennial Reign & Eternity
Revelation 20:6 - "Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years."

According to prophecy, things happening as of late are just the tip of the iceberg; it's going to get a lot worse very soon and God has been sending countless warnings out of love and mercy so that we can be ready. If you honestly repent and come back to Him then you will have nothing to worry about. If you would like to be saved or would like prayer, please send me a PM. You can also check out the video below regarding salvation:
How / Why to be saved
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:25:25 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Counter-argument: Mark 13:32
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Since you made a prediction about the return of Jesus, and you're not the Father, it is impossible that you're right.

QED.

jesus will return on christmas in the year 3001

he helps those who helps themselves nyah yah yah
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:52:02 AM by Jubel »

gsf i think you're super rad but posting this on the blf of all things prolly wasnt the greatest decision
someone is bound to start an arguement or derail the thread

Seriously Ghost, I thought you were better than this.

I love reading stuff like this especially since it does seem to be aligning with prophecies. At the same time though, like SeventhSandwich posted, trying to figure out when the doomsday is coming is pretty much pointless since Jesus apparently doesn't even know.

(Seals 6 & 7) Rapture & Silence in Heaven
Revelation 6:12-17 - "I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood; and the stars of the sky fell to the earth, as a fig tree casts its unripe figs when shaken by a great wind. The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains; and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, 'Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb; for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?'"
John 14:3 - "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

Everytime I read this, I get incredibly unnerving chills up and down my spine because of how this supposed "poetic nonsense" (as a secular reader would put it) actually makes sense.

From the way I interpret it, the sun somehow goes "black as sackcloth made of hair". That would mean that the sun effectively "burns out", but continues to exist likely as some sort of dwarf star too faint to be effectively seen. With the whole moon becoming "like blood", it makes me think of a lunar eclipse. During a lunar eclipse, the moon generally appears a rusty red color because of the lack of light reaching it. Well, if the sun is drastically dimmed, the moon is going to appear red.....like blood.....When the stars are apparently falling onto the earth, it makes me think of meteor showers on steroids, where meteorites are actually repeatedly striking the earth. Earthquakes and cataclysmic destruction from space debris is inevitably going to be massively wrecking the landscape, as stated by mountains and islands being moved from their places. People of all classes abandon their societies and ranks and hide together in isolated areas just to stay alive and avoid the destruction as they try to escape the Second Coming that they were obviously very ill-prepared to face.

I read the entire bible in high school and was not impressed (something I suspect 99% of 'christians' don't do).
Nonetheless, it makes me think of some funny scenarios

everyone gets raptured while that one dude we sent to mars is still hopping around lol

those tribal people in the amazon rain forest that have never even seen a white man let alone heard of christianity, and God is all like well that's too bad, gotta throw you in a burning lake of fire sorry bro

i bet half the world was pissed it stayed dark outside when God stopped the earth's rotation for a day to keep the sun up for that battle at Gibeon.

the feels when the guys with damaged testicles tried to sacrifice stuff for God and he's like having none of that stuff

that time when God told ezekial ok man sorry about this but you needs to lie down on your left side for 390 days, then your right side for 40 days.

TFW Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet so God wouldn't kill him. WTF mom?!

the age of law sounds like a metal as forget name for a setting

Cool read, I'm agnostic but I'm still fascinated by the abrahamic apocalypse and the rapture. Plus, I love prophecies, and it's really interesting seeing all of the parallels to today's events

those tribal people in the amazon rain forest that have never even seen a white man let alone heard of christianity, and God is all like well that's too bad, gotta throw you in a burning lake of fire sorry bro
And that's how we know that if God is really loving then hell is either a product of the church and has nothing to do with the original scriptural writings, or God is a total richard.

Hell is the hardest thing for me to wrap my mind around people believing in it. If God is love, and death was Adam and Eve's punishment, why would God change his mind and cast people into an eternal lake of fire to a suffer endlessly? It's just not just.

this is pretty neato stuff

And that's how we know that if God is really loving then hell is either a product of the church and has nothing to do with the original scriptural writings, or God is a total richard.

Hell is the hardest thing for me to wrap my mind around people believing in it. If God is love, and death was Adam and Eve's punishment, why would God change his mind and cast people into an eternal lake of fire to a suffer endlessly? It's just not just.
God exists, there is too much we can't explain.

Counter-argument: Mark 13:32
"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Since you made a prediction about the return of Jesus, and you're not the Father, it is impossible that you're right.

QED.

where does he really talk about a specific date though?