[NEWS] cop shoots black guy for thinking he was about to pull out a firearm

Author Topic: [NEWS] cop shoots black guy for thinking he was about to pull out a firearm  (Read 5595 times)

All of the evidence isn't in so why are you hastily drawing up conclusions 
sorry, should have framed that more so as "this is why people are having a problem" and not "this is what happened," though from what i'm seeing i thought everyone agreed that was the gist of what happened

All of the evidence isn't in so why are you hastily drawing up conclusions  
Your right, but this is the most likely situation based on the information we have.

honestly idk about this one. if the OP is actually right then I don't think I could blame the cop for shooting him. but if the OP is wrong and he said he was getting his ID after saying he had a license for a gun then I totally could
in any scenario, I could definitely blame the cop for the fact that the guy died though. he could've done something to help him after realizing he wasn't getting a gun. or at least let that girl do something

but for the record, as soon as you get pulled over, you should just get out everything you normally need (license, insurance, registration), and put them all on your dashboard. then you don't have to reach anywhere the cop can't see in the first place. and for good measure, turn off the car and put the keys up there too

I like how no one cares when a black cop shoots a white guy.

Or a white cop shoots a hispanic guy.

But when a white cop shoots a black guy "LORDY LORDY!"

I like how no one cares when a black cop shoots a white guy.

Or a white cop shoots a hispanic guy.

But when a white cop shoots a black guy "LORDY LORDY!"
Sure those things are wrong. They are very wrong. But black person shootings are so common now that its getting ridiculous.

What the forget is the argument here

The cop asked him to pull out his ID, so he reached for his ID, and the dumbass cop shot him. If he didn't try to pull out the ID, he'd be resisting the officer's orders.

but for the record, as soon as you get pulled over, you should just get out everything you normally need (license, insurance, registration), and put them all on your dashboard.
No,  you shouldn't.
You should put your hands on the wheel in plain sight, and leave them their until specifically instructed otherwise.

A cop doesn't want to come to your window and have to wonder "what is this guy digging around for" and have to make a decision. He wants to come to your window and see everything is under control

No,  you shouldn't.
You should put your hands on the wheel in plain sight, and leave them their until specifically instructed otherwise.

A cop doesn't want to come to your window and have to wonder "what is this guy digging around for" and have to make a decision. He wants to come to your window and see everything is under control

Exactly. The officer was in complete control and this guy did exactly what a concealed carrier is supposed to do, and he was killed for it. This is nothing short of murder.

Apparently the officer is Chinese.

It's completely the guy's fault for saying he's licensed to carry firearms while taking out his ID
Why would you say that unless you were taking out a gun

Apparently the officer is Chinese.

I'm tired of all these loving Chinese on black crimes.

Cop was completely in control of the situation and freaked out. His reaction was too hasty and he should have stayed collected, but people make mistakes. Unfortunately this resulted in the fatal shooting of an innocent civilian.

From the details given it sounds like this one's on the cop for freaking out, I can empathize with him.

It's completely the guy's fault for saying he's licensed to carry firearms while taking out his ID
Why would you say that unless you were taking out a gun
That's not what happened. He immediately notified the cop that he was licensed to carry firearms and that he had one, to which the cop told him to take out his ID. When he reached for his ID, he was shot four times.

Cop was completely in control of the situation and freaked out. His reaction was too hasty and he should have stayed collected, but people make mistakes. Unfortunately this resulted in the fatal shooting of an innocent civilian.

From the details given it sounds like this one's on the cop for freaking out, I can empathize with him.
People like this shouldn't be allowed to be cops.

People like this shouldn't be allowed to be cops.

People that choke and make the wrong split second decision? I get that it's his fault for reacting too quickly but it's completely understandable as to why the officer would react the way he did to a guy reaching for something.

You gotta understand the amount of stuff cops put up an a daily basis. You can't go through all that and not be paranoid and jumpy to a fault. With that said, the officer still should not have fired at the civilian.

No,  you shouldn't.
do the cops in your state just teleport to your window as soon as you stop or something? I've always had time to do that before they even get out of the car
People that choke and make the wrong split second decision?
if it kills someone, yes