Author Topic: No Man's Sky Official Megathread  (Read 104430 times)

I see nothing on terrain destruction being permanent
But you're the one who said it was permanent

People who have exactly the Reccomended PC settings are only getting 10-20 fps. Do not buy this on PC.

>“When you're on a planet, you can see as far as the curvature of that planet. If you walked for years, you could walk all the way around it, arriving back exactly where you started. Our day to night cycle is happening because the planet is rotating on its axis as it spins around the sun. There is real physics to that. We have people that will fly down from a space station onto a planet and when they fly back up, the station isn't there anymore; the planet has rotated. People have filed that as a bug.”

>The creatures are generated through the procedural distortion of archetypes, and each given their own unique behavioral profiles. “There is a list of objects that animals are aware of,” Artificial Intelligence programmer Charlie Tangora explained. “Certain animals have an affinity for some objects over others which is part of giving them personality and individual style. They have friends and best friends too. It's just a label on a bit of code—but another creature of the same type nearby is potentially their friend. They ask their friends telepathically where they’re going so they can coordinate.”

>While the basic behaviors themselves are simple, the interactions can be impressively complex. Artistic director Grant Duncan recalled roaming an alien planet once shooting at birds out of boredom. “I hit one and it fell into the ocean,” he recalled. “It was floating there on the waves when suddenly, a shark came up and ate it. The first time it happened, it totally blew me away.”

>For instance, Duncan insisted on permitting moons to orbit closer to their planets than Newtonian physics would allow. When he desired the possibility of green skies, the team had to redesign the periodic table to create atmospheric particles that would diffract light at just the right wavelength.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2016/02/artificial-universe-no-mans-sky/463308/

People who have exactly the Reccomended PC settings are only getting 10-20 fps. Do not buy this on PC.
and here i thought i might be able to squeeze in 30 fps on low with my integrated gpu

that last line reeks of BS

>For instance, Duncan insisted on permitting moons to orbit closer to their planets than Newtonian physics would allow. When he desired the possibility of green skies, the team had to redesign the periodic table to create atmospheric particles that would diffract light at just the right wavelength.

there's no way lol

jesus christ this sounds like some stuff you'd see in a sci-fi movie that knows nothing about science

"we took the bitmapper and compressed so many worlds into such a large jpeg with our 2kbit encryption settings that would allow players to explore thousands of cubic inches of worlds while simultaneously creating particle emulation that would reflect light in a wavelength comparable to that of a NOAA radio"

This is getting to Peter Molyneux levels of bullstuff

Also I was able to play the game on my rig via Family Sharing. My computer is loving weird. I get 60 FPS maxing the game out without AA fine. But it does occasionally stutter and the sound cuts out when it stutters. I only have a Radeon HD 7950 as well.  Of course I haven't gotten to space yet but we will see.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:51:08 PM by beachbum111111 »

So bloody laggy even with my powerful Asus.
So disappointing, I hope they fix it soon...

So bloody laggy even with my powerful Asus.
So disappointing, I hope they fix it soon...

Honestly speaking if there isn't an update then people poking in the code will find a fix.

i don't even think lord tony can defend this level of stuff lol

i've just been quiet examining how terrible it's been and i've been proven right

doubt i will ever buy this unless they fix stuff

No Man Sky is just ONE game that has done more for innovation than CoD has for the last 10 years.
what innovating has no man's sky done lol

Back on that "Movies with 24 FPS" bit.

It's also a lot harder to tell with movies because most frames in movies have motion blur on everything moving. So, 24 FPS with the level of motion blur that movies have makes it much smoother to watch.

Can't remember where I read that, but it makes sense to me.

On topic, though, kinda glad I didn't pre-order. I'll buy it if they ever fix it, for sure. For now, though, I'm content to let the PS4 people have their fun. I'll just watch them.

Haven't had any issues so far with the exception of some minor stuttering in space stations? Just make sure your drivers are up-to-date. I'm getting consistent 60+ on highest settings.

People who are playing it, what hardware are you running on and what's your average fps?
Seeing a lot of complaints from people with like 1070/1080s who say they're struggling

980ti, i5-6600K. Getting a pretty consistent 60FPS.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 10:51:42 PM by Rally »