Author Topic: Re: Weapon_Tricorder - Star-Trek inspired thing scanner (Updated september 12th)  (Read 8608 times)

This tricorder will let you know just about all you need to know about anything you're looking at. I'm not completely sure what use this has in Blockland, but I think people could potentially use it for something creative. Features an amazingly detailed item model made by Aware, which is an almost direct replica of the prop used in Star Trek!

Can scan and show detailed information about the following things:
  • Bricks
  • Players
  • Bots
  • Vehicles
  • Spawned/on the ground items
  • And more!

Known issues:
 - Players and items can't be detected from some angles (engine bug?)
 - Some tools are wrongly classified as weapons or vice versa (please let me know if you find a tool/weapon like this!)

Prefs:
$pref::server::tricorder::displayBrickPacksDefault true. Whether or not to display what brick pack a brick is from.
$pref::server::tricorder::displayHealthValuesDefault true. Whether of not to display health values.
$pref::server::tricorder::displayDangerNotificationDefault true. Whether or not to display warnings when scanning hostile entities or dangerous items.

Download:

Keep this add-on up to date using Support_Updater, updates for fixes and suggestions are expected!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 01:20:17 AM by Pecon »

I got a 404 when trying to download.

THIS IS GREAT

this has so many uses too, it could probably work in a pokemon rpg as one of those pokemon scanner things

holy stuff this is cool as forget

Yeah the fix worked, thanks.
Cool stuff.
The model looks a bit too detailed for my liking, but oh well.

otherwise, seems like a really cool addon!

can this identify the brickpack that a planted brick belongs to? (i.e. the addon that adds it) might really help with some stuff

Could be particularly useful in an RPG.
Also useful for quickly sizing up targets.

On a side note, you been pretty busy OP. Very nice job.

Cool add-on. Meters are gross though.

Thank you so much Pecon!

Yeah the fix worked, thanks.
Cool stuff.
"hey guys i made an addon that is very useful i hope you like it and I spent hours on this making it detailed"
"its too detailed, but oh well, i guess ill have to deal with it"

this has so many uses too, it could probably work in a pokemon rpg as one of those pokemon scanner things
With a little modification, maybe. I'm not sure how I could set it up to make that modification particularly easy for the end user.

can this identify the brickpack that a planted brick belongs to? (i.e. the addon that adds it) might really help with some stuff
I can do this. Expect an update.

forget you guys I think the detail is perfect

Why is your scale so weird? In tork, 2 tu is 1 meter.