Germestar (87537) - Trying to crash my server with vehicle collision spam

Author Topic: Germestar (87537) - Trying to crash my server with vehicle collision spam  (Read 13091 times)

Germestar (87537)
Trying to crash my server with vehicle collision spam

So I was hosting my server today, building and doing itunes stuff in the background intermittently, when Germestar (87537) showed up. He's been on my server a few times before and behaved perfectly fine, so I suspected nothing of him.

I was tabbed out of my Blockland window, importing some of my new music I got for Christmas onto iTunes. While waiting for the songs to load up on the current CD, I tabbed back into Blockland to check up on the server. To my shock, the server was lagging horribly, with about 2 FPS or so at my personal disposal to play with. I looked around to see what the heck was going on, and found Germestar had placed multiple MAS Interceptor vehicle spawns on top of each other. They were stuck inside one another, colliding like mad and absolutely raping the server connection. Germestar acted confused, screaming that there was lag and calling for help, as if he didn't realize he was the one causing it (yet confusingly claiming he knew what was causing it). However, after a few seconds of me investigating the incident, Germestar quickly cleared his bricks. I warned him not to do it again. Disturbingly, he asked me if he could do it again (what's wrong with you?) and I flatly told him no.

Hoping all would be well, I went back to iTunes to continue importing my new music.

After going AFK for a couple minutes to do IRL stuff, I came back to the computer to resume the imports, but checked Blockland first. To my shock, Germestar had flatly ignored my specific instructions not to spam-collide vehicles, and had done it again, even worse this time. The server was nearly completely frozen. I only got a new frame update once every five seconds or so (~0.2 fps). I had next to no control. After about 2 agonizingly long minutes of trying to get my mouse to move over the spy button, I went to confirm if it was Germestar who was causing the lag, and sure enough, it was. He had doubled the amount of vehicle spawns he was using, and had added kill events to the spawns so the vehicles were constantly exploding.

At this point I was really pissed off, so I next went to try and clear his bricks, a process that took another agonizing 2 minutes of in-the-dark mouse movement to hope the cursor drifted over the button so I could click to remove his bricks.

Finally, it worked, and his bricks were cleared. The lag went away completely within a few seconds. I then swiftly banned him before he could do it again.

I highly recommend everyone ban this guy from your server. I don't know whether he's just a handicapped kid or an intentional troll, but IMO it doesn't really matter. He nearly crashed my server, made it unplayable for a considerable period of time (I had friends trying to connect, but the lag was so bad the server came up for them as dead), and he may try to do the same on other servers. Keep your eye out for this guy at the least.

ill make sure to ban him, with a very offensive ban message

/support, evidence strongly indicates he has quite the history of doing this.

Any server that you have open to building, ban Germestar immediately, that or restrict his ability to build.
He's known to do this stuff and tries to play innocent when caught in the act.

/support
makes me wonder if this kid has legitimate brain damage if he can't stop doing this stuff

/support
He's been to my server once and did almost the same thing. Perma'd him when i found out clearing his bricks solves the lag

germe spams this stuff because "Badspot won't fix it so I will abuse it a lot hehe!!!!!!"
kid needs a key revoke
/support

germe spams this stuff because "Badspot won't fix it so I will abuse it a lot hehe!!!!!!"
kid needs a key revoke
/support
a key revoke for just spawning vehicles to lag a server?
i think you're overreacting here; key revokes are reserved for those people who are problem users, distribute hacks, spam research/gore, and do other nasty stuff within blockland and the forums.

a key revoke for just spawning vehicles to lag a server?
i think you're overreacting here; key revokes are reserved for those people who are problem users, distribute hacks, spam research/gore, and do other nasty stuff within blockland and the forums.

To be fair, this guy seems to literally exist on Blockland to spam on freebuilds. I haven't seen him play on a server normally. He just lags servers because it's possible.

this guy is a loving starfish, apparently he crashed toxictoaster's server
he also cam on to Edd's and spammed explosions so yea
//////////////support

i personally find it fun to frustrate him when i host

just restrict his ability to use or plant bots, vehicles, and events and he'll leave on his own accord.

This guy changed over to an alt key when I banned him once for doing it.
Did it again, so I had to put my players in a minigame in a closed area so he couldn't go far off screen to spam events.

This guy changed over to an alt key when I banned him once for doing it.
Did it again, so I had to put my players in a minigame in a closed area so he couldn't go far off screen to spam events.

Did you try setting the "too far" distance?