how do you feel about transgender people?

Author Topic: how do you feel about transgender people?  (Read 21857 times)

Why should I have to refer to you as a "ze" or "zer" or whatever the forget makes you happy if I don't even know you?

The notion of "I am special and therefore demand that everyone that I know PLUS all the ones I don't know refer to me as a name different than what they're used to calling me or pronouns that I made the forget up" is a notion that is entirely based on narcissism.

What do those people gain from you pretending you're an entirely different person? Versus what do you gain having the authority to dictate what others can call you on any given basis? Oops, I think I might have answered my own question.

You don't have to refer to people as anything differently. Purposely getting it wrong to spite people makes you an starfish, however.

how else do you qualify talking about a racial issue? lmao
If you need to be X race to talk about Racial Issues, then that is where the issues begin.

Why should I have to refer to you as a "ze" or "zer" or whatever the forget makes you happy if I don't even know you?
Well, it's a good idea to be polite to strangers. That's taught to most people as early as pre-school. Anyway "ze" is pretty uncommon outside of the internet, most transgendered people just want to go by he/she.

The notion of "I am special and therefore demand that everyone that I know PLUS all the ones I don't know refer to me as a name different than what they're used to calling me or pronouns that I made the forget up" is a notion that is entirely based on narcissism.

What do those people gain from you pretending you're an entirely different person? Versus what do you gain having the authority to dictate what others can call you on any given basis? Oops, I think I might have answered my own question.
This is contradictory. You're essentially saying that people who change their gender and want respect are wrong because they want respect. Your argument is "forget you you can't tell me what to do" which is arrogant and even more self-centered than any sjw telling you to address them in some way.

Think of it like this. When you go over to someone's house and they make food for you, you should say thank you. You don't have to, they aren't any more special than you are, but it's the respectful thing to do. If you're response is "forget you you can't force me to say thank you" you're just saying that you don't want to show respect for someone else. You're just proving that you have some sort of oppositional defiance syndrome or just don't want to be respectful to others.

when you are totally mentally superior so you don't fall for this "le PC i'm so triggered right now" culture and haven't called a transwoman "he" in five minutes so people know you're smarter than them

Do you go to college? The only safe spaces at my school are for counselling and clinical care. You know, where people are in fragile states of mind and could use a break.

Yes, do you? Cause it sounds like you're going to a middle school. Lol

Yes, do you? Cause it sounds like you're going to a middle school. Lol
Yes, I go to college. There are not "ten million" safe spaces. You're exaggerating for no real reason, basically offending yourself.

Yes, I go to college. There are not "ten million" safe spaces. You're exaggerating for no real reason, basically offending yourself.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/22/opinion/sunday/judith-shulevitz-hiding-from-scary-ideas.html?_r=0

SJW go home pls

If you need to be X race to talk about Racial Issues, then that is where the issues begin.
But you need to. If you took a slave and a slave owner and asked them for their opinions, you'd get this:

Slave: I've been oppressed my entire life and treated like dirt
Slave owner: Black people aren't people and should be enslaved by us superior whites.

The core of the issue is purely racial, and the slave's opinion is more qualified because they are experiencing the racial issue. In this case, the racial issue is directed against one race, so whoever is on the receiving side of the racial issue has the say because they are the victim.

In the case of saying 'monday' it's just an overall offensive and insulting word. Not even black people use it, unless they're joking or something. It's just wrong to say in general, and you don't need a qualified person to prove that.

But you need to. If you took a slave and a slave owner and asked them for their opinions, you'd get this:

Slave: I've been oppressed my entire life and treated like dirt
Slave owner: Black people aren't people and should be enslaved by us superior whites.

The core of the issue is purely racial, and the slave's opinion is more qualified because they are experiencing the racial issue. In this case, the racial issue is directed against one race, so whoever is on the receiving side of the racial issue has the say because they are the victim.

In the case of saying 'monday' it's just an overall offensive and insulting word. Not even black people use it, unless they're joking or something. It's just wrong to say in general, and you don't need a qualified person to prove that.

So first they never use it, now they use it when joking. What's next? They use it when they want to because of free will?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/22/opinion/sunday/judith-shulevitz-hiding-from-scary-ideas.html?_r=0

SJW go home pls
"there aren't as many safe spaces on college campuses as you are saying there are"

"LMAO SJW leave are you TRIGGERED rite now ZER"

SJW go home pls
I'm not saying safe spaces don't exist. They're necessary when people fondly go around calling other people mondays and friends. It gets tiring I imagine. Anyway, I'm not an SJW, I just think it's very immature to be tribal and sensible. You pigeonholing me into a stereotype is silly.

So first they never use it, now they use it when joking. What's next? They use it when they want to because of free will?
No, dipstuff, i'm saying that people don't use it as often as you say they are. All of your arguments in this thread so far have been you creating your own issues and saying that they're being perpetrated by someone else. You're trying to act offended because you can't use a word that is rude. You can say whatever the forget you want, you can call me a monday, and I can call you a whitey or whatever. The reason I don't say those is because I like to be respectful of people of other races and not constantly complain about what i can't say because i'm someone else.

You're stuff can be best summarized by "I can't do this obviously rude and immature thing and i'm MAD! ARGH!"

why is not acceptable for me to be a transmonday? i'm biologically white, but i feel black.

why is not acceptable for me to be a transmonday? i'm biologically white, but i feel black.
it is acceptable, however it's not gonna stop people from seeing you as the handicap that you are